Monday, February 15, 2010

Yeung Sisters Eat Poon Choi on Second Day of New Year

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

TVB8 Clip

Hosts: Leanne Li and Vivi Lee
Guests: Tavia and Griselda Yeung

Leanne & Vivi: "Gung Hei Fat Choi! Where is my red pocket?!"
Vivi: "Today is the second day of the new year, so we have prepared a very rich 'poon choi' meal. We also have melon seeds and candy. Of course, we are not going to eat it by ourselves, right?"
Leanne: "Of course! With such a rich meal like 'poon choi', and with only the two of us eating it, it just doesn't feel right".
Vivi: "You've got that right! That is why we have invited two guests to join us today. Let's welcome, the Yeung sisters!"
Griselda & Tavia: "Gung Hei Fat Choi! Gung Hei Fat Choi!"
Leanne & Vivi: "Welcome! Happy New Year!"
Vivi: "Gung Hei Fat Choi, Griselda!"
Tavia: "Gung Hei Fat Choi!"
Griselda: "Let's slow down a bit! We should sit down first".
Leanne: "Red pockets!"
Griselda: "Hello, everybody!"
Griselda & Tavia: "Gung Hei Fat Choi! Happy New Year!"
Griselda: "Okay, here you go. Red pockets!"
Leanne: "Thank you!"
Griselda: "I know you guys have been anticipating this for a long time".
Vivi: "Thank you!"
Griselda: "It's just a small gift!"
Leanne: "Today, we are having 'poon choi'. Have you guys eaten it before?"
Griselda & Tavia: "Yes".
Griselda: "Definitely have before".
Leanne: "Normally, when we eat 'poon choi', we usually eat the first layer and then slowly make our way down to the other layers. Today, we are going to test you".
Griselda: "What kind of test? Are we going to eat from the bottom first?"
Vivi: "The rule of the game is that you have to wear a blindfold and eat food. Not only do you have to tell us what kind of food you are eating, but you also have to come up with new year greetings that are related to the food that you are eating. It's not that simple".
Leanne: "Okay, you cannot cheat".
Griselda: "Is this okay?"
Leanne: "Yes".
Griselda: "I'm very honest".
Leanne: "I believe you".
Vivi: "You cannot see that little of us. The first one...Tavia will eat it first".
Tavia: "Are you going to feed me?"
Vivi: "Me feed you? Okay".
Tavia: "I can't see".
Vivi: "My first time feeding a beautiful girl".
Leanne: "It's very romantic!"
Vivi: "Okay, be careful".
Tavia: "Mmm.... It's pork skin!"
Vivi: "Very good!"
Tavia: "I wish everybody vibrant and soft skin".
Vivi: "I like this saying!"
Griselda: "Okay, it's my turn".
Leanne: "Yes. Griselda, open you mouth".
Griselda: "It's very crispy! I'm very smart. I know what it is. It is...I can take my blindfold off".
Leanne: "Yes, you may".
Griselda: "It is shrimp".
Leanne: "Correct".
Griselda: "It's too easy".
Leanne: "Now, a new year greeting".
Griselda: "I wish everybody lots of laughs this year and eternal happiness!"
Leanne: "That's good".
Vivi: "It is very good feeding a beautiful girl".
Leanne: "What is it?"
Tavia: "It's my favourite pork...roasted pork".
Vivi: "That's correct".
Tavia: "Right?"
Vivi: "Correct".
Leanne: "Very smart".
Tavia: "I wish everybody pig cage catches money!"
Vivi: "Wow! Make lots of money!"
Leanne: "It's my turn! Look closely! Good!"
Griselda: "Um, it's dried oyster. Is that how you say it?
Vivi: "Correct! Dried oyster!"
Leanne: "Dried oyster!"
Griselda: "I wish everybody gets rich and good market!"
Vivi: "I like it!"
Leanne: "Very good! Really couldn't test you guys!"
Griselda: "Thank you".
Leanne: "Your reward is to eat 'poon choi', okay?"
Griselda: "Okay".
Vivi: "I thought there was going to be a very rich reward".
Griselda: "That's okay! It's very rich already".
Leanne: "Actually, eating 'poon choi' is a very body-warming exercise. The main event for today is that we have prepared two different types of food as gifts for Tavia and Griselda".
Griselda: "There's more?"
Tavia: "What is it?"
Leanne: "Yes, the present we have for you is lotus root".
Tavia: "I already have it! Thank you!"
Leanne: "Do you know what kind of meaning it represents? It means match made in heaven".
Tavia: "Thank you".
Leanne: "I hope you will find your most loved other half in the new year".
Tavia: "Is it because you think I'm very dry?"
Leanne: "No, I think you have great skin! Okay, today we have lotus seed for Griselda".
Griselda: "Lotus seed? What's the meaning behind it?"
Leanne: "I hope that you will have another child this year".
Griselda: "Oh".
Leanne: "Have you thought about having another child this year?"
Griselda: "I will not at the moment. I think that my daughter is very good".
Tavia: "What about having a boy?"
Vivi: "Yes".
Griselda: "I'll save it for her [Tavia] to have a boy because she likes boys".
Leanne: "She likes boys?"
Griselda: "Yes".
Tavia: "No, I like girls".
Griselda: "I like girls. I have to tell you guys a secret! She is very practical! When my baby was not born yet, she said it was going to be a boy. When we found out she was a girl when she was born, Tavia said that she was disappointed and would not love her. She doesn't love my daughter!"
Tavia: "I never said that! She was dreaming! I never said that! But, I like girls better".
Griselda: "She likes it very much when she sees my daughter".
Leanne: "I want to ask you guys what kind of wishes do you have for the new year?"
Griselda: "There's too many".
Tavia: "Without a doubt, it is to be healthy, as it is very important. I wasn't as healthy last year. I hope to be healthy in the new year, so I can purchase a new house for my dog. It's her house, and not our house".
Griselda: "[This wish] is too easy".
Tavia: "A dog house. A new dog house".
Griselda: "Me? I hope to have more work opportunities, to be healthy, and I wish for everything to be good for my family members".
Tavia: "Yes".
Griselda: "I hope for my daughter to be healthy and active, and I hope everybody will get rich easily".
Leanne: "Okay, I hope your wishes will come true! And, I wish everybody in front of the TV to be happy every day and to have a happy new year".
All: "Happy New Year! Gung Hei Fat Choi!"

Personal Note: Love the Yeung's sisterhood! Very funny! :D

*Credits to 30fen

No comments:

Post a Comment