Monday, February 22, 2010

Bernice Liu @ 《Female》 February Issue


Bernice Liu: Gorgeous & Super Fun!

Cover Story
Beauty Queen

Hong Kong superstar Bernice Liu shares her secrets to looking flawless (on and off camera).

Screen Style

Anyone who has met Bernice Liu will understand why she is the spokesperson for skin care brand Nutox. As the former Miss Chinese International greeted everyone when she walked into our studio, we saw how her skin glowed, even without makeup! Later, we had Britney Spears playing in the background while Bernice was being made up, and she sang along to every song. When the shoot began, she broke out into a dance, and we must admit, she had some pretty good moves. Having seen how versatile she is, it's no surprise to us that she's gone from beauty queen to an actress and singer. Watch out for Bernice's new Hollywood movie, The King of Fighters, set to be released later this year, in which she acts alongside Maggie Q as a kungfu fighter.

Q: Beauty myths you believe in...
A: "Leaving spoons in the freezer and soaking cotton pads in toner, then leaving them in the freezer before using them".

Q: Beauty products you can't leave without...
A: "Hydrating mask, eye cream, lip balm, a versatile moisturizer and concealer. I need these to prepare my skin for the harsh environment!"

Q: What's your favourite scent?
A: "I have a couple. I love Estee Lauder's Pleasures, Clinique's Happy and NuLove".

Q: You skin care regime consists of...
A: "Cleanser, toner, moisturizer and hydration".

Q: Who do you think is the epitome of beauty?
A: "I like Charlize Theron because I think she's naturally beautiful and tries to stay true to herself even when she gets all made up. Whether she's out shopping or attending a red carpet event, she's always illuminating and charismatic".

Q: What are your favourite lipstick colours?
A: "I prefer natural, earthy colours. They match everything you wear and give you a healthy glow".

Q: Favourite makeup products you can't live without?
A: "A good blush, lip gloss, and concealer".

Q: What's the secret to having healthy hair?
A: "My hair tends to get quite dry, so I use leave-in conditioners to get the shine back".

Q: Your favourite nail colour?
A: "I love natural shades with a hint of shimmer in them, but sometimes I go for sharp, cherry reds".

Q: What would you wear on a casual day out?
A: "Zip-ups, runners and thick tights as pants. Things that are easy and comfortable. I also like over-the-knee dresses because they are such a good length and take you from day to night".

Q: Your favourite fashion brands?
A: "Right now, I'm in love with Chloe and Alexander Wang".

Q: Your favourite shoe brand?
A: "I have a few, but if I have to save up to buy a pair of heels, it has to be Manolo Blahnik. His designs are classy and give you an instant lady-like look".

Q: What are your favourite accessories?
A: "I love silver rings and bracklets!".

Q: Your favourite place to shop?
A: "Topshop, of course! But that's because we don't have it in Hong Kong. So When I come to KL, that's the first stop I make".

Q: Your favourite destination city?
A: "I want to go to New York to watch musicals. I've never been there, and I've always been involved with dance and music since I was young, so that would be really fun".

Q: Romance is...
A: "Something as simple as making a ring out of play dough. Whatever tickles your fancy, I guess!"

Personal Note: Ha ha.... Bernice loves silver rings, too! :D

Yes, Bernice does have dry hair. She mentioned once that she washes it like a million times a day. I guess Hong Kong's polluted environment is not suited for Bernice's hair.

Can't wait to watch her and Ma Ming in "The Mysteries of Love". ;D

*Credits to www.bernice-liu.org

No comments:

Post a Comment