Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Did You Know...?
Things you might not know about TVB:
(Listed below are not obviously known to most people.)
- Sir Run Run Shaw is more fluent in English than in Cantonese.
- Stephen Chan's stage name was Wai Ka Ching during the time he was a DJ. His siblings are not Wai Ka Fai (producer, director, and screen-writer) and Wai Ka Hung.
- Virgina Lok worked at ATV before.
- Jessica Hsuan calls Tommy Leung '老爺'.
- Ha Ping's godson is Gordon Lam.
- Bak Yan's goddaughter is Louisa So.
- Amy Kwok named Wayne Lai's son.
- Lee Sing Cheung was Nancy Wu's instructor in TVB's Acting Class.
- Roger Kwok and Gallen Lo were roommates.
- Louis Koo was Gallen Lo's best man at his first marriage.
- Myolie Wu is a fan of Wong He. She wrote him fan mail when she was 15 years old.
- Kenneth Ma named his first Donald Duck plush Tommy. He named his second one Tommy II.
- Kenneth Ma and Kenix Kwok were neighbours.
- The crew of "Healing Hands II" believed that Moses Chan and Yoyo Mung were dating.
- Tavia Yeung had a crush on someone in the next classroom while she was in TVB's Acting Class.
- Nancy Wu took Selena Li's spot at "Strictly Come Dancing II", while Grace Wong took Bernice Liu's spot.
- Bernice Liu's elementary teachers highly recommended that she and her siblings not speak Cantonese at home to improve on their English.
- Myolie Wu's English name is derived from her Japanese name, Miyori, which was given to by her stepmother.
- Ron Ng and Tavia Yeung would hold hands when shopping together.
- Flora Chan's daughter, Mira, shares the same birth date as Ada Choi.
- Kiki Sheung knows how to drink because of Bobby Au Yeung and Michael Tao.
- Kara Hui was the first 'Best Actress' winner at the 1st Annual Hong Kong Film Awards in 1981.
- Al Wai calls Sheren Tang '大頭雯'.
- Wu Fung's English name is Bowie.
- Flora Chan enjoys to hit, nudge, or punch the male co-star she likes (as a friend).
- Melissa Ng learned Mandarin watching Taiwan TV series with her mother when she was young.
*Information is collected over the years from watching TVB, reading magazines, and some are firsthand sources.