Date: June 3, 2014
Temporary Chinese title: 《華麗轉身》
Pinyin title: Wa Lai Juen San
Temporary English title: "Extravagant Change"
Producer: Chong Wai Kin
Attending Cast: Damian Lau, Liza Wang, Alex Fong, Linda Chung, Hugo Wong, William Chak, Stephen Wong, Candice Chiu, KK Cheung, Grace Wong, Patrick Dunn, Becky Lee, Timothy Cheng, Jonathan Wong, Alan Wan, and Stanley Cheung.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio One Parking Lot
- This series will use its character relationships to spread an idea: there are many gains and losses in life. As long as one grasps the opportunity, everyone has the possibility of having an extravagant change and restarting his or her life journey.
- The plot is separated into two main storylines, one is with Damian Lau and Liza Wang, while the other is with Alex Fong and Linda Chung.
- Location filming has been changed from Vietnam to Taiwan. There will be location filming in Taiwan (Taipei and Yilan) for three weeks.
- Damian will play a photographer. He is an ordinary nobody. He works for wealthy people. After his wife's death, he decides to go to his wife's hometown, Taiwan. During this, he meets Liza, and they begin a friendship. He has a crush on Liza. He and Liza will play a couple. He has a brain tumour, which influences his vision; he does not want to get surgery, as he would rather die than go blind.
- Liza will play Wa Fong Ying (華芳凝), an experienced female singer. She is a top star who has been popular for 40 years. She was well-known for a time. She experienced two marriages. Due to viewing money and fame too highly, she neglected her family, not even getting invited when her daughter got married, which made her realize that she needed to work hard to save the relationship. She decided go to Taiwan to visit her daughter; during this, she meets Damian. After experiencing this life reflection, she will hold a concert at the end. The format is like having a party with family and friends, singing a song for the people she hurt and loved, which is also this series' theme song, "Extravagant Change" (華麗轉身).
- Alex will play Sean, a multimedia creator who is not very successful. His greatest success was releasing a book on how to pursue guys and how to handle men, but this book was released in his ex-girlfriend's name, so there is no way for him to admit that he is the author. He is actually a poor person but pretends to be wealthy. He has talent but no opportunity, and thinks that the world owes him everything. Afterward, Linda finds out that he is an author, and greatly admires him. In order to make a name for himself, he almost betrays Linda. He writes an autobiography for KK Cheung. He has a romantic storyline with Linda. There is a scene where he seduces Linda on the bed. He is psychologically imbalanced. He deceives Linda. He is a villain.
- Linda will play Tik Tik (迪迪), Liza's assistant. She is a fashion designer who loves fashion and is knowledgeable about fashion. She dresses extravagantly, but frequently makes mistakes, and gets picked on by Liza. She really wants to get married, but gets dumped by her ex-boyfriend. She admires Alex, the author of a best-selling book, but gets deceived by him. She and Alex are a couple.
- Eliza Sam will play Liza's daughter. She is a refined character. She has many scenes with Damian.
- Hugo Wong will play Law Chi Yu (羅子譽).
- Stephen Wong will play a very calculative accountant. He is Linda's ex-boyfriend. The two dated for three years; during marriage preparations, because Linda bought an $80,000 wedding dress, he broke up with her.
- Candice Chiu will play Nam Si (南思), Liza's eldest daughter. She and her mother have an estranged relationship. She lives in Taiwan.
- KK will play a wealthy, Taiwanese man. When he was young, he worked for Lee Sing Cheung's family. Afterward, he used underhanded means to replace Damian. He accompanied Lee Sing Cheung to study overseas. Because of his studiousness, he became rich.
- Lee Sing Cheung used to be a young master. Afterward, he is a person who relies on social welfare to live. He, Damian, and KK have known each other since their school days.
- Grace Wong will play Lam Ting Nga (藍汀雅), Liza's pupil. She is a hot newcomer in the music industry. She is an immature and sassy singer who thinks that she is very incredible. She and her manager develop an unusual relationship. She may sing with Liza.
- Patrick Dunn will play Liza's husband.
- Jonathan Wong will play Liza's son who has a slightly unsound mind. He is originally a singer; however, because of some accidents, he becomes an imbecile. He does not have much dialogue. He will sing many songs. He plays piano, drums, and guitar. His mental problems cause Liza and younger sister Eliza to always be worried about him, so their scenes are mostly very sad, such that either he cries or they cry.
- Becky Lee will play Alex's ex-girlfriend.
- Timothy Cheng will play Grace's manager.
- Poon Chi Man will play Liza's first ex-husband.
- Fanny Lee will play a cool motorcyclist. She is Damian's ex-girlfriend.
- Michelle Yim will guest-star as Damian's wife who has passed away.
Visit @ J2 Clip (070814)
Visit @ "Scoop" Clip (070814)
Visit @ myTV Clip (071014)
Visit @ myTV Clip (071014)
Visit @ TVB Zone Clip (071214)
Visit @ myTV (072214; 071814; 071714) + TVB Zone (072614) Clips
Visit @ J2 Clip (073014)
Visit @ myTV + TVB Zone Clips (073014; 081614; 081614; 081914; 081814; 080414)
Departing for Taiwan @ TVBE Clip (081714)
Visit @ TVBE Clip (082614)
Visit @ "Scoop" Clip (082614)
Visit @ TVB Zone Clip (112214)
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Limelight Years".
Personal Note: Wanted to see Damian and Michelle reunite...too bad Michelle is only a guest star....
TVB has many younger male artistes...don't know why they had to cast Alex Fong.... o_O
*Credits to leerainrain, tvb.com, 狂愛TVB, and Weibo