Date: June 24, 2014
Temporary Chinese title: 《水髮胭脂》
Pinyin title: Sui Faat Yin Ji
Temporary English title: "Opera Rouge"
Producer: Lee Yim Fong
Attending Cast: Moses Chan, Joyce Koi, Louise Lee, Evergreen Mak, Angelina Lo, Mary Hon, Law Lok Lam, Katy Kung, Henry Lo, Yu Chi Ming, Lisa Lau, Owen Cheung, and Mayanne Mak.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio One
- 20 episodes long.
- The series is packaged using Cantonese opera, using a lighthearted comedy approach to bring out the relationships and the interactions among the characters. The genre is lighthearted and is similar to a sitcom.
- Moses Chan will play an interior designer. He has a calculative personality, is tough, and has talent and confidence. Because he overcalculates everything, he definitely does not lose out. As long as the other party's level is lower than himself, he is not willing to care; thus, he appears to have an extremely arrogant mouth. He despises Cantonese opera. He greatly cherishes his elder sister. He is afraid that his elder sister would not be able to get along with his girlfriend, so he buys an adjacent unit, designing it into his girlfriend's dream house with plans to use it as a future love nest, but his elder sister rents it out to Joyce Koi. To help good friend Evergreen Mak pursue Joyce, he gradually gains a deeper understanding of Joyce, discovering that she is a female who wants nothing, resolving their misunderstandings, and even influencing his values of calculating everything.
- Joyce will play a traditional Cantonese opera female man mo sang (i.e., a female opera artiste in a scholar and martial male role). She is loved by opera fans. She is overprotected by adoptive mother and manager Louise Lee, having clothing, food, housing, and transportation arranged for her, which cultivates her naive and pure personality. She has no expectations for anything and is unassuming. She speaks straightforwardly and does not know how to sugarcoat, frequently creating misunderstandings. Afterward, he meets Moses from renting his property. She is dissatisfied with the interior design, and she also creates a fire from worshipping god in the house. She and Moses frequently bicker, and the two are completely incompatible; however, a relationship later develops. She will sing Cantonese opera, and she will use her personal costumes.
- Louise will play a feisty manager. When she was young, she was a fa dan (i.e., an opera artiste in a young belle role); being good friends with Joyce's mother, she adopted Joyce and raised her. She acts as Joyce's manager. She has a tough personality. To protect her daughter, she constantly yells at people.
- Evergreen will play Tin Hak Kan (田克勤), a kind second generation. He thinks that everything can be solved with money. He and Moses are good friends. His father likes Cantonese opera; to please his father, he pursues Joyce, and even asks Moses to be his courting counsellor. During this process, he uses his money power on Joyce, but she is infatuated with Cantonese opera, having no desire for material things.
- Angelina Lo will play Moses' elder sister. She thinks that her younger brother would not get married too quickly. She takes it upon herself to give rent to Joyce, which triggers many problems.
- Jason Chan will play a junior designer who lives at Moses' house.
- Katy Kung will play Joe, an interior designer. She is Louise's daughter. She has an opinionated personality and is a typical Hong Kong girl. Later, she meets junior designer Jason, and gets tamed by him. She and Jason are a couple.
- Gary Chan will play a senior sales associate. He frequently clashes with boss Moses at work. In the end, he wants to leave the company, but is asked to stay because of his good work performance.
- Yu Chi Ming will play the city's richest man. He is Evergreen's father. He likes Cantonese opera, and is crazy for Joyce.
- Susan Tse will play a Cantonese opera artiste.
- Ronald Law will play the lead musician of a theatrical troupe. He is a new generation of Cantonese opera who uses a tablet PC to look at music sheets and clings to the trend.
- Akina Hong will play an interior designer. She is Katy's superior.
- Owen Cheung will play Ko Man Chun (高敏俊).
- Aaryn Cheung will play Kan Hok Lai (靳學禮), a musician.
- Owen Ng will play Evergreen's assistant.
- Oceane Zhu will play Moses' girlfriend.
Visit @ J2 Clip (071214)
Visit @ J2 Clip (072314)
Visit @ myTV Clips (081914; 080614)
Visit @ J2 Clip (090214)
Completion Banquet @ J2 Clip (090414)
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Romantic Repertoire".
Related post: "Opera Rouge" @ TVB Sales Presentation 2014
Related post: "Opera Rouge" Filming Sales Presentation
Personal Note: Don't have any interest in this series.
*Credits to the-sun, singpao, tvb.com, and 狂愛TVB