- 30 episodes long.
- The theme of the series will depict rumours within the palace. The story will be about how Kunqu opera artistes strive to survive in the Qing Palace. In June, there will be location filming in Hengdian and the Forbidden City. In July, there are plans to go to Nanjing to learn Kunqu.
- Sheren Tang will play Niugulu Ruyue/Consort Ru (鈕鈷祿‧如玥/如妃), a woman who considers the general interest. She is rather gentle and is not wicked at all. She does not reveal any emotion on her face. She will have a romantic storyline with Moses Chan such that they will have a spiritual connection.
- Ada Choi will play Buyamuqi Xiangling (布雅穆齊‧湘菱), a senior nanny who is responsible for telling subordinates to do feeding. She takes care of Sheren's son. She is a favourite of the empress. She is extremely tactful, and is smooth and slick in establishing social relations. She is a slick operator who can derive benefit from any situation. She will be involved in a love triangle with Moses and Sheren.
- Christine Ng will play Niugulu Yuanxiu/Consort Chun (鈕鈷祿‧宛琇/淳妃), Sheren's younger sister. She is rather profound and unhappy, and is pure of heart and free from desire. She has pent-up hatred, and she constantly causes trouble for her elder sister.
- Moses will play Gao Liufei (高流斐), an opera artiste who later enters the palace.
- Kenny Wong will play Tong Jihai (佟吉海), a descendant of a fortune teller. Because of his father's miscalculation, the emperor imprisoned them. During his imprisonment, he became obsessed with fortune telling, which caused him to become psychotic. He will get manipulated by Christine Ng. Katy Kung will be forced to marry him, but he will have a romantic storyline with Christine Ng.
- Eddie Kwan will play Yun Qiuxian (雲秋絃), a Hua Dan (i.e., a Chinese opera artiste in a female role).
- Tracy Ip will play Shulan (書蘭), a nanny. She and Ada do not get along with each other. She is a villain.
- Christine Kuo will play Qianrui (芊蕊), a silly palace maid who serves Sheren. She is a rather simple person and is very loyal.
- Rachel Kan will play Erhe (爾荷), the head of the palace maids. She always accompanies Sheren.
- Alice Chan will guest-star as Guo Wanqing (郭婉清), a songstress. She and Moses grew up together. She will have a relationship with Moses.
- Wai Ka Hung will play Ma Xinman (馬新滿), a eunuch who is a player.
- Katy will play Buyamuqi Muduer (布雅穆齊‧木都兒), Ada's stepdaughter. She is a palace maid who later becomes the head of the palace maids. She does not smile much and is very serious.
- Vivien Yeo will play Zhang Yingqin (章映琴), Eddie's wife. She is a part of a troupe company.
- Rachel Poon will play a palace maid who serves Christine Ng.
- Raymond Cho will play Imperial Physician Yang.
- Kaki Leung will play Ruokui (若葵), an evil palace maid.
- Tina Shek will play Shujia Qiuwei (舒佳‧秋葦), a palace maid who has an optimistic and pure personality, and is curious and nosy.
- Snow Suen will play Consort Xi (曦妃).
- To Yin Gor will play Zhang Jusheng (章鞠笙), the head of a troupe company. He is Vivien's father.
- Stanley Cheung will play a chief eunuch.
- Stephen Ho will play Ada's husband and Katy's father.
- Kelvin Lee will play a Hua Dan.
- Yuang Cheung will play a eunuch.
Christine Ng's Tencent Weibo
Moses Chan's Tencent Weibo
Kenny Wong's Tencent Weibo
Christine Kuo's Tencent Weibo
Katy Kung's Tencent Weibo
Vivien Yeo's Tencent Weibo
Stanley Cheung's Tencent Weibo
Visit @ TVB8 Clip (052912)
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Beauty at War".
FYI: Jonathan Chik revealed that there are no bed scenes or homosexual scenes in the storyline.
Related post: "Beauty at War" @ FILMART 2013
Related post: "Beauty at War" in Hengdian @ TVBE Clip
Related post: "Beauty at War" @ 18th Shanghai TV Festival
Related post: "Beauty at War" Visit @ "Scoop" Clip
Related post: "Beauty at War" Kunqu Recording
Related post: "Beauty at War" Kunqu Scene
Related post: Moses Chan and Eddie Kwan Take Kunqu Crash Course
Related post: Kenny Wong Has Romance with Christine Ng and Katy Kung
Related post: "Beauty at War" Blessing Ceremony
Related post: "Beauty at War" @ FILMART 2012
Related post: "Beauty at War" Visit
Related post: Moses Chan Shows Abilities, Becomes 'Three-legged Person'
Related post: 《金枝慾孽 (貳)》 "War and Beauty II" Costume Fitting
Related post: Moses Chan Listens to Kunqu to Learn to Become Opera Artiste
Related post: "War and Beauty II" @ TVB Sales Presentation 2012
Personal Note: Looking forward to Sheren playing a different Yu Fei this time around! :)
Don't really like Ada's blue top, but she looks so pretty...most definitely an ancient beauty! :D
Not used to Moses looking so serious anymore.... :P
Not a fan of Christine's split hair....
Ha ha.... Christine gave herself an English name (Sophie)! :P
He he.... Kenny is wearing a head piece because he hasn't shaved yet....
Always thought that Katy resembles Amy Kwok...she looks even more like her here! :P
Alice's look reminds me of Christine's look in "Wars of In-Laws"....
*Credits to 狂愛TVB, the-sun, tvb.com, and Weibo