Apple Daily Clip
- 30 episodes long.
- In August, there will be location filming on Mount Tiantai of Zhejiang.
- The official storyline is vastly different from the Sales Presentation, as it has become an ancient adventure story with the addition of a lot of modern spirit.
- This series will mainly talk about the resentment between Song Dynasty constables and assassins. It is a very serious drama, but it will be filmed in a comedic manner.
- The basic storyline is on the four constables portrayed by Kenneth Ma, Lin Xia Wei, Ngo Ka Nin, and Power Chan, and how various cases are solved to bring out the entire story. The series hopes to have a mainly lighthearted tempo.
- Kenneth will play Zhu Changsheng (朱長勝), a constable. He is a delightful character who is mean, slightly lustful, and a sweet-talker. On the surface, he gives off a slightly bad feeling; however, once he investigates cases, he becomes very serious. He and Selena Li will play a married couple. He will use a spear.
- Selena will play two characters: Tao Hua (桃花), Kenneth's wife, and Duan Meiniang (段媚娘), a famous courtesan who likes Kenneth (she will appear in the second half of the series). They will be involved in a love triangle with Kenneth. Tao Hua is an ancient housewife whose personality is a bit stupid; she is rather plain and simple and crude. Duan Meiniang is a famous courtesan who has everyone head over heels for her, and she is a very clever and scheming girl who is able to come into contact with black and white ways; since she ultimately likes Kenneth, she uses all means to captivate him.
- Lin Xia Wei will play Yang Mao (楊卯), a constable who is a martial arts expert. She will have many looks, including pretending to be a prostitute. She is rather tomboyish, thereby needing Ngo Ka Nin to teach her the technique to being a prostitute. She will be involved in a love triangle with Ngo Ka Nin and Power.
- Ngo Ka Nin will play a constable who is highly skilled in martial arts. He will have a romantic storyline with Lin Xia Wei.
- Candy Chang will play Ma Yunling (馬芸苓). She is slightly mischievous but also loves to uphold justice. At the same time, she is slightly emotional, and loves to threaten people with poison.
- Raymond Cho will play Xiong Shijiu (熊十九), the son of a gang leader.
- KK Cheung will play the fourth prince. He is aggressive, and he will have an outrageous collusion with the Empress Dowager.
- Mary Hon will play the Empress Dowager.
- Kelvin Lee will play a favourite of the emperor.
- Hoffman Cheng will play Wu Deguang (伍德廣), a constable.
- Eric Li will play Yu Bainian (余百年).
- Aurora Li will play Wu (舞), a constable.
- Ronald Law will play Wu Wei (吳威).
- Yoyo Chen will play a famous courtesan who is rather calm. She and Kenneth are former lovers, but Kenneth abandoned her after getting promoted. Heartbroken, she becomes a courtesan, but she becomes involved in a case.
- Charmaine Li will play Donger (冬兒), a famous courtesan who has a timid personality.
- Iva Law will play a famous courtesan.
- Janey Yan will play Qihong (綺紅).
- Raymond Chiu will play Dai Haoren (戴浩仁).
- Ali Lee will play Consort Wan (綩妃).
Ngo Ka Nin's Tencent Weibo
Charmaine Li's Tencent Weibo
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain".
FYI: Aimee Chan was originally cast as one of the female leads; however, she later pulled out due to personal reasons, so Lin Xia Wei has taken her place.
Related post: "Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon" Blessing Ceremony
Related post: 《寒山潛龍》 "Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon" Costume Fitting
Related post: Aimee Chan Suddenly Turns Down Series: Denies Getting Married
Personal Note: Don't like Ma Ming's mustache (don't think he needs it, since Ngo Ka Nin already has facial hair), but love that he is paired up with Selena and Selena! :P However, want them to officially pair up in a modern series.
The helmets were used in "Relic of an Emissary", but the constables' costumes look new.
*Credits to the-sun, headlinedaily, appledaily, tvb.com, Weibo, and Tencent Weibo