Thursday, July 1, 2010

Producer Tsui Yue On Sees Raymond Lam and Fala Chen Exploding

DO NOT REPOST

tsui_yue_on

Producer Tsui Yue On has been in the television business for over 30 years. He entered TVB working as a news messenger in the engineering department. Under the encouragement of Catherine Tsang, Tsui Yue On later changed positions to work as an assistant director. He left TVB in 1988, and returned in 1993 as a producer. His works include "Happy Harmony", "A Kindred Spirit", "Return of the Cuckoo", "Virtues of Harmony", "Some Day", etc. "A Kindred Spirit" and "Virtues of Harmony" became talks of the town, as they started off the good ratings for situation comedies.

When talking about the most unforgettable moment for "A Kindred Spirit", Tsui Yue On said, "'A Kindred Spirit' was originally aired during prime time, but the ratings were not ideal, so the series was planned to be cut on episode 89. Later, TVB arranged to have it air at 11pm. The ratings jumped from an average of 18 points to an average of 28 points".

Tsui Yue On likes to cast newbies. Artistes such as Louis Koo, Bernice Liu, and Linda Chung were exposed to the audience through his situation comedies. He said, "Back then, I cast Louis in 'Happy Harmony' because I thought that he had potential. The only thing was that he was quite powdery. After he got a tan, he instantly became a handsome guy".

fala_raymond

Out of the new generation of siu sangs and fa dans, Tsui Yue On sees Raymond Lam and Fala Chen exploding (making it big). He expressed, "I think Raymond has the conditions of being a siu sang, as he is handsome, warm, and has acting ability. As for fa dans, I admire Fala. I think she has performing talent. There are many things where you say it once, and she would understand right away".

Related post: Producer Nelson Cheung Thinks Highly of Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma
Related post: Producer Wong Wai Sing Thinks Highly of Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung

Personal Note: Tsui Yue On has never worked with Raymond before.

*Credits to the-sun

7 comments:

  1. can someone explain to me what does a siu sang and fa dan means

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous:

    Siu Sang 小生 = leading actor
    Fa Dan 花旦 = leading actress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any importmant from Raymond therefore, I don't agree with producer tsui. I also feel the same about fala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Anonymous:

    Many people 睇好 Raymond because he is popular. Also, he has all of the characteristics to be a siu sang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what does 睇好 means? sorry I can't chinese character

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Anonymous:

    Many people see Raymond doing well (becoming successful), as he is already popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already started to like Ray back in "A Taste of Love" and "A Step Into the Past". I agree with the producer - Ray has what it takes. He has the looks and the acting abilities - and perhaps most importantly, he has TVBs support.

    I like Fala because I see a lot of potential in her. I like her personality and I think she's a very ambitious person. So I can definitely see her succeeding as well. She started out in the business with a lot of factors against her - bad roles, always the mistress, evil/jealous girl etc. etc. which created a lot of bad publicity for her. But she persevered - I know a lot of people still think she rose too fast and she didn't really go through anything other newbies before her haven't. However, it could really have gone either way for her.

    ReplyDelete