Monday, February 9, 2009

A Blast from the Past: "Heroic Legend of the Yang's Family" Sub Song


For the longest time, I was so obsessed with this song. This sub song was from ATV's 1994 series "Heroic Legend of the Yang's Family". The song is 15 years old! I wasn't even 10 yet, and I didn't know any Mandarin, but I loved this song. At the time, I knew it was sung by Lin Zhi Hao (林志豪), but I didn't know what the song was called.

linzhihao
Lin Zhi Hao (林志豪)

I was on YouTube searching for Kingdom Yuen's "Scoop", and found the MV for HLYF. Then, I found out that the sub song is called 今生情不變.

今生情不變 - 林志豪

遙望天邊說恩恩怨怨
寒夜秋風就要滄海變桑田
魂夢你視線找一絲溫暖
今天的眷戀是今生的掛牽

明日的變遷怕聽到怕遇見
隨著飛花不理冰冷還是暖
承諾卻未變人生悲喜少不免
今天的我結局仍在轉

路縱遠未計算
浪里滔滔不會倦
星光倚天邊原天天月會圓
道再見夢更遠夢已蘇醒非我愿
但叫青天讓我繼續懷緬

"Heroic Legend of the Yang's Family" Sub Song MV

Jacky Lui also sang a Cantonese version of the song in the sequel, "The Great General". Jacky sings okay, but he lacks emotion. The lyrics are basically the same from the Mandarin version.

"Heroic Legend of the Yang's Family" Theme Song - Johnny Yip & Frances Yip

"The Great General" Theme Song - Johnny Yip & Frances Yip

While I'm at it, here are the theme songs for these wonderful ATV series. These two series are ATV classics! Not only are these wonderful series, but the theme songs are fantastic! Now, these are what you call 'theme songs'!

*Credits to all respectable sources

No comments:

Post a Comment