Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Kenneth Ma Does Not Admit to Being the 'Ultimate Warm Guy', Reveals That Wife Roxanne Tong's Home-Cooked Meals Make Father-in-Law Jealous

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Ming Pao Clip

In the TVB series "Mrs. Revenge", Kenneth Ma plays the 'guardian angel' to female lead Samantha Ko, being described as a true-to-life portrayal and being called the 'ultimate warm guy'. He says that he falls far short of the perfection of his character in the series, revealing that he and his wife, Roxanne Tong, have been married for two years; the key to getting along lies in mutual accommodation. Kenneth highly praised his wife for changing for love, frequently making home-cooked meals, which has made his father-in-law, Tong Chun Chung, jealous. Kenneth, who lost his father late last year, is even more attentive in caring for his mother, often visiting his mother with his wife. Happy that his wife does not mind three-person outings...the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law get along harmoniously.

Regarding being accepted as the 'ultimate warm guy' within and outside of the series, Kenneth does not agree with it, saying that his character, 「葉家謙」, in the series often acts as a 'guardian angel' by Samantha's side, a character that lives in a fairytale world and is "far more perfect than I am!" However, he agrees that 'companionship' is far more important than using money and material goods to satisfy your family: "As long as [I] am not working, would stay home to play with the cats and chat with my wife, make time to visit [my] original home, accompany my mom on walks or shop hand-in-hand, and even help my elder sister handle various errands".

Kenneth is said to have exceptional 'survival instincts', having a knack for getting along with females. He views it as doing ordinary things; it may be related to growing up in a household with more females: "Ever since I was young, my mom also held my hand. Now, I hold onto her...it's very natural. If the three of us--my wife, my mom, and I--go out together, let my wife hold my mom's hand, while I follow behind carrying things and am responsible for driving, doing my best to accommodate them".

Praises His Wife's Forgiving Nature

Kenneth and Roxanne have remained as loving as ever in their two years of marriage, with their daily life defined by mutual accommodation. Kenneth, who has always loved cars like his own life, revealed that he has relaxed the eating and drinking rules in his car for his wife: "I used to forbid anyone from eating and drinking in my car, but for my wife, it's fine". He highly praised his wife's forgiving nature. [He] went to the US to do a stage performance earlier, and [he] lost [his] wedding ring. [He] was 'waiting to be punished' upon returning to Hong Kong. Roxanne resolved the issue with her life wisdom: "Lost [my] wedding ring in the US...it's a big deal! I was terrified at the time, but had already gotten on the plane and flown back...really cannot find it. Of course, had to come clean to my wife. She did not kick up a fuss at all; instead, was very excited: 'Yay! I can pick out a new style and buy another pair'". Even immediately went online to browse new styles".

After getting married, Roxanne has frequently been rumoured to be pregnant. Kenneth is grateful for his wife putting in so much effort for love and already has her mindset to have a child at any time...willing to slow down her performing arts career for [their] family. Her cooking skills have also improved significantly, surprising the family. Kenneth sweetly said, "I give Roxanne's cooked vegetables 80 points and high praises. Skilled at grilling steak, spaghetti bolognese, and desserts. I also finish everything every time. Even my father-in-law says, 'My daughter has never cooked for me before!'"

Talking about the possibily of developing a husband-and-wife partnership, Kenneth does not mind shooting ads together. If they were to act with each other, his wife has some worries: "Roxanne is afraid that she would not be able to hold in her laughter when she sees me saying my lines. She encourages me to go out more for work so that she can do less".

Wants to Win the Mark Six if He Had the Ability to Foresee the Future

In "Mrs.", Samantha's character has the ability to foresee the future after being reborn. Asking him what he would do if he had such a superpower in real life, Kenneth laughingly said, "It's too stressful to look into the future. What if I see when I'm going to die? Instead, want to travel back to the era when I was born...watch how my parents raised me from afar and see how mischievous I was when I was younger. Or see what my wife looked like when she was younger...should have been very lively". However, in the end, Kenneth still hopes to fulfill his dream of getting rich: "If [I] had the ability to foresee the future, would want to know the winning numbers for the next two Mark Six draws. In the past, I never even won a lucky draw for an eraser before".

Collaborating with Samantha for the fifth time, Kenneth notes their excellent chemistry, shooting their scenes quickly and precisely. Because Samantha is the lead, there was a lot of screentime and immense pressure with little rest, sympathizing with her strain: "She filmed a group scene involving five sisters. I thought that she did a great job, but she was not happy. Felt that it wasn't perfect, so took the initiative to reshoot it. She holds herself to an incredibly high standard". Kenneth highly praised Rosita Kwok for her rapid improvement: "Her real-life personality is silly. Quite successful in portraying a green tea bitch. There was a solo scene at a wedding; after it was finished filming, the entire series crew also applauded her". As for Kayan Yau, who played his unruly younger sister, Kenneth said thar her performance was not bad, laughingly saying that they have an age gap; fortunately, there was no gemeration gap: "I listened to what she shared; young people would also have a stroke of genius".

No Series to Film Yet, Enjoying Lucrative Commercial Performances

Kenneth has recently branched into being a singer, partnering up with Edwin Siu and Raymond Cho to form a 「三生有幸」 concert tour, completing their fifth show in Macau earlier and releasing a single of the same name. TVB has reduced the production of series in recent years. Asking him whether he is worried about his future in the performing arts, Kenneth calmly said, "In the past, filmed five or six series a year...was actually very terrifying. Right now, have not accepted a new series for the time being. Greatly enjoying making money from commercial performances all around. After all, the company pays my salary..would naturally look for me [if] there is a suitable script".

*Credits to mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment