Saturday, October 10, 2020

Marrying Roxanne Tong Before Age 50, 46-Year-Old Kenneth Ma: Having at Most Two Kids After Marriage

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Ming Pao Clip

Ming Pao Clip

In "Go! Go! Go! Operation C9", Kenneth Ma plays the vegetable vendor 'Ko Tai King', who has a deep affection for his wife, 'Cute Ma' (played Samantha Ko); in reality, he and Roxanne Tong also have a glowing relationship. He considers himself a rational boyfriend and is not a romantic person but is faithful. "Every time I date, would not have a third party. Always start a new one after one ends. As long as I'm dating, I would focus all of my attention on the other person. I am very stupid...cannot lie. Would definitely get exposed if I cheat, so I greatly admire a man who has a few girlfriends. How can one deal with it? Asking myself, I don't have this ability".

Both Are Homebodies and Like Stinky Flavours

After going public with their relationship, Kenneth and Roxanne have never been evasive, often showing their affection on Instagram. Everyone is curious about what magic trick Roxanne has that has caused Kenneth to open up: first starting an Instagram account, and then a rare high-profile profession of his love. Kenneth explained, "She (Roxanne) is one of the factors. She also taught me how to use it. In fact, my manager told me to start Instagram early on, which can help with work, but because I don't know how to manage it, and I am neither a person who really likes to nor is used to sharing my daily life, I never implemented it. Before, I also thought about starting Weibo for a long time, and even took almost a year to master it". He also said that he is not showing off his love in a high-profile manner...up to now, also have not uploaded a picture together. Doing everything according to the feeling.

Asking what attracted him to Roxanne, Kenneth said that the two of them are both homebodies and do not like to go out...quite compatible in this regard. "Secondly, maybe she used to study psychology...really knows how to make me talk because I rarely take the initiative to tell others about myself. Plus, we have the same taste. Apart from liking seafood, we also love eating garlic and onions, so it can be said that we both like stinky flavours. She is also not bad at cooking, and even personally cooked sautéed beef with onions for me to eat recently...quite to my liking".

Gives Roxanne Tong 90 Points, Leaving Room for Improvement

In terms of his career, he is already regarded as a 'TV King'. Kenneth expressed that his next goal is to get married and to build a family, hoping to achieve it before age 50. Has talked about the topic of marriage with Roxanne but have not discussed it in depth. "I will not have a flash marriage. Will definitely tell everyone. (Regard Roxanne as a marriage partner?) Yes, for the time being. We are also going in this direction as we date. She gets along quite well with my family. My parents' impression of her is also not bad...okay. If 100 points is full marks, I will give her 90 points. It is also the same for her of me. Leaving room for us to improve". Kenneth revealed that, in his heart, having one child or two children in a family is enough...also does not mind if there are none. Leaving everything to fate. Plus, Mom already has grandchildren to take care of, so there is no pressure in this aspect.

'Have Not Contacted Jacqueline Wong Recently'

Last year's 'Andy Hui and Jacqueline Wong Incident' caused a sensation in the entertainment industry. Kenneth was highly praised by the entire city as being an extinct good man for appearing to protect her. With the passage of time, everyone now lives her or her own life. Kenneth said that the incident did not make him lose confidence in love, nor did it change his outlook on love. Still insisting on one-on-one love because he does not like it being too complicated. Speaking of his ex, Jacqueline, Kenneth expressed that it is already in the past. At the time, was angry at her, but the time was very short, and there was never any resentment. "We did have contact when she initially returned to Hong Kong but haven't recently. However, I also hope that she is well. Everyone, let's look forward".

Not Filming Series to Get Awards, Praises Samantha Ko's Professionalism

The currently broadcasting "Go!" is a small production. Although there is no huge production cost, Kenneth does not mind at all. He quite likes playing this kind of small character because it is closer to the people. "The producer and I already collaborated in 'The Exorcist's Meter'. This is his first series as a producer. I certainly had to support it. Sometimes filming with those few producers would also be boring. Collaborating with some new producers and actors would create new sparks instead".

Kenneth expressed that, from the audience's point of view, big productions are certainly more attractive, but he does not film series to get awards, so it doesn't matter. Instead, greatly enjoy the filming process. The plot is relaxed, and there are tears within laughter...would not be too heavy. "Would be very happy to take part in big series, but can also greatly enjoy acting in small productions. The satisfaction from both is different. Plus, this time, I am very happy to partner Lai Lok Yi, an old friend I have known for many years". He also highly praised the female lead in the series, Samantha Ko, as being extremely professional and also a very hardworking actor. "Actually, I was also quite happy to know that I was collaborating with Samantha because I found a new partner. In the early days, I mainly partnered Selena Lee and Kate Tsui. In recent years, it has been Natalie Tong. Having an extra partner is a good thing".

*Credits to mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment