Sunday, October 11, 2020

A 'Home' Fate, Kenneth Ma Reveals What He and Roxanne Tong Like to Do at Home

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Sing Tao Daily Clip

Sing Tao Daily Clip

The fate between Kenneth Ma and Roxanne Tong began with the word 'home', which is exactly the opposite of the feasting and pleasure-seeking of the entertainment circle. In their free time, the two love to stay at home the most, watching series and movies. The fate comes from being homebodies together!

Kenneth, who is often teased by netizens for living in the 'Stone Age', started an SNS earlier, communicating with his girlfriend from time to time. "Actually, it was my manager who told me to start it. Roxanne also told me to start it and taught me how to use it, but did not start it for her. Nowadays, some jobs require social platforms. Even though I am rushing to film 'Paediatricians', can also promote 'Go! Go! Go! Operation C9' online. I thought about it for over two months before agreeing to it. Still not used to sharing trivial things in life. Don't need to eat a meal, go on a hike, and then put it on the Internet, but appropriate exposure is also okay!"

Kenneth, who has always been a 'down-to-earth god' plays the affectionate street market guy 'Ko Tai King' who has a deep affection for 'Cute Ma', played by Samantha Ko. The performance with tears within laughter has moved many netizens.

Many Newcomers Play Around

"I like to play down-to-earth characters. Would occasionally accompany my mom to buy groceries. Know the activities of stall vendors very well, but I also don't have advantages when I go to the street market...ha ha! Had longed to collaborate with Samantha this time. Have always wanted to work with different female artistes. Actually, we were both in the series 'Bet Hur' but did not have partnering scenes. At the time, had already noticed that she is not only a goddess with a good figure, but is also an actor who has heart when acting and has standards.

"I am very afraid of people who don't know what they're doing. Acting is a group collaboration. When distracted, there is definitely an impact, but there are many newcomers in TVB. There are always people who do it as a hobby. If I encounter them, can only think of ways to guide them. I would not teach them and would not start a fight with them. Leave it to the director to teach them. If I meet a newcomer who has heart, would discuss with them. If there is no heart, then treating it as working happily!"

"The basic requirement of being an actor is to not be late. One or two lates occasionally is acceptable. I have also been late before. Everyone knows that TVB's schedule is 28 going to 06. Sometimes being late is acceptable, but being late every day is too excessive. Should not affect others! I have experienced waiting for an artiste for six hours. In the end, he was a no-show...just made it up with a phone call saying that he was not well today and would not be filming. Actually, getting angry is also useless. Cannot help it...would definitely enounter this kind of person. Would just leave it after filming is finished. Can only hope that you do not meet him again in the next series...ha ha!"

Holding onto Mom Has Become a Habit

The Ko family in the series has 'laughter that is full of warmth'. In reality, the Ma family is also lively, especially when his two nephews come to play video games and watch soccer, even reaching noisy levels.

"I yearn for a lively big family, but the house needs to be big enouh to live in. The property prices in Hong Kong are too expensive, and I am not a rich person. If I were to live away from my parents, also hope to not be too far away...at least it would be easier to meet up first! Thus, it is very difficult for me to stay in Mainland to film series for a long time. It's okay to go up for a month-plus once in a while, but not okay to be up there all year round. Although the money is very captivating, it's a bit boring to film series up there because I go back to the hotel and face four walls after I get off work. Would occasionally go out to eat and chat with the actors, but would not go out every night. Already very tired after getting off work...it's better to sleep!"

"Many people think that it would be awkward holding onto your mom when you go out, but I am used to it. When I was young, my mom held onto me. After growing up, I hold onto her, but I don't often say 'I love you', only saying it on big occasions. Actually, actions are more practical than words. It's more important to have more meals with your parents. For instance, my mom goes out to play mahjong or sing; if I'm off, then I pick her up. Seeing my parents happy, then I'm happy!"

"If my girlfriend gets along with my family, it is indeed easier to keep going. Roxanne is able to blend into the family. She occasionally comes to my house to eat. My parents quite like her; however, she would not cook in my house because it is impossible to win the kitchen over. Even my mom cannot get in. The kitchen is my dad's territory. After retiring, he does not have many pastimes to kill time. Every day, the most important job is cooking; we are only responsible for eating...ha ha!"

Loves to Do...at Home the Most

'Home' has probably been equated with Kenneth. Unexpectedly, the word 'home' became his and Roxanne's matchmaker, quietly bringing the two together.

"I really like staying at home...the longest was going five days without getting out of the house. There are many things you can do at home, such as tidying up my room, watching soccer, binge-watching series, etc. Very busy! Earlier, due to the pandemic, did not play soccer, so I bought a rope to jump on the rooftop. It's very intense. I have to sweat it out in order to be comfortable. The aspect that Roxanne and I are the most compatible in is that we like to stay at home. We would binge-watch movies. I watch anything, but Roxanne likes to watch ghost films, zombie, and superhero films, but does not like watching romantic films. Isn't it unexpected? Ha ha! She doesn't think that I am not romantic enough. Because she does not like going out, sometimes we plan on going to a shopping mall, but in the end, she decides to stay at home!"

"We are not deliberately high profile...just got photographed, so admitted to it. It was just by chance! As for the public display of affection...sometimes. Like the Donald Duck tee that Roxanne wore before, did not buy it for me. It was just for fun because she has not watched my earlier interviews...does not know that I like Donald Duck, but fans still give me Donald Duck products...ha ha! In short, we are getting along comfortably. She is a good partner, but have not had the time to seriously discuss the topic of marriage".

Appearance Has Six or Seven Points

Kenneth, who has the nourishment of 'Pretty Soup' [Roxanne], is always radiant recently. No wonder he was nominated for 'The 100 Most Handsome Asian Faces' earlier. Apart from the 'nice guy card', Kenneth's looks have finally been recognized!

"Just for laughs! First of all, there are no criteria for beauty and ugliness; different people have different opinions. Secondly, beauty for males is definitely not limited to facial features. Must include a sense of responsibility, filial piety, compassion, being responsible, knowledgeable, cultivated, having substance, etc. These polls have not counted inner beauty at all...only reliant on pictures. Just laugh, and leave it at that! I believe that my appearance has six or seven points...normal...regular features! In my heart, the most handsome is definitely Leslie Cheung. For Asians, he has full marks. When I was young, I chased after celebrities. I am a member of Leslie's international fan club...have a card and serial number! Because my mom likes Leslie a lot, even her English name is Monica. My mom asked me to join the fan club when I was ten-plus years old. She herself did not join, but would go to the events...ha ha!"

"If I were to nominate 'The 100 Asian Beauties', would definitely choose Roxanne. I think that her appearance is a full score! However, inner beauty is also very important. Her biggest positive trait is that she and I are close in the way we think...love to stay at home. Secondly, has a lot of patience. Everyone knows that I don't talk much. Perhaps it is because she studied paychology...always has the patience to make me talk...knows how to communicate with me. I am already considered more talkative in front of her. If there are ten words, would respond with at least five words. Even when I am with Kevin Cheng and the 'A Fistful of Stances' group of friends, would listen more than I talk. They would say ten words, and I would only respond with two words...ha ha!"

*Credits to stheadline and singtaoentertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment