Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kevin Cheng & Kenneth Ma: Male Charisma

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

kevincheng_mamingkevinchengmaming

Two big men like Kevin Cheng and Kenneth Ma can talk about work, rumours, women, having children, and everything from all over the world, and laugh about it afterward. This pair of good brothers are two of a kind, praising each other, "He really is handsome" and "He is very sweet". They are both stubborn toward work, but they have different likings toward women. Therefore, they will not fight over the same girl, and it will not hurt their friendship.

Kevin Cheng = KC
Kenneth Ma = KM

How They See One Another

Kevin Cheng and Kenneth Ma's 'brother fate' began during "Strictly Come Dancing II". At that time, they were not acquainted. It was not until "A Fistful of Stances", where they play brothers, that their friendship grew stronger, and that they were able to recognize one another's charisma.

KC: "For a guy, Ma Ming is a very sweet, a very cute, and a very simple big kid. He likes soccer and cars. And it is very easy for others to like him. He is passionate and stubborn about his work, and this stubbornness is his positive trait, and it is also his negative trait, so it can bring trouble to his work. I also have this stubbornness; that is why we are quite compatible. Ma Ming is at the stage where he is 'building construction'. Once that opportunity arrives, he will be able to grasp onto it. Chai Gau (Wayne Lai) waited for many years until now, so Ma Ming's wait shouldn't be long!"

KM: "The Kevin Cheng in my eyes is that, before I worked with him, I had already heard many things about him, and they were usually about how troublesome he was, and that he was very hard to work with. Back then, when I hadn't known him yet, he would look very cool at big variety shows, and he wouldn't say much. It was as though he had 'closed a gate'. He looked very arrogant, and he looked as though he was very hard to get along with. It wasn't until the filming of 'A Fistful of Stances' that people around me told me 'he is quite hard to get along with', but after spending time together, I quickly changed my opinion about him. It is actually a misunderstanding and bias that the outside world has on Kevin. Like he said, maybe it is because we have this stubbornness of an actor; that is why we are very compatible. But, when I wasn't acquainted with him, I thought he was mystical. In particular, juniors like me were afraid of saying the wrong thing, and didn't know if he would get mad. But, after knowing him, I found out that Kevin is a very professional actor. Maybe the outside world is focusing on his handsome looks. I, too, think that he is very handsome, but I hope that the audience is able to see that his acting is good, and not only focus on the surface. Working in 'A Fistful of Stances' this time, he had a few scenes that were very memorable to me".

KC: "I don't agree with that I am mystical (laughs), but I am very slow-warming. Ma Ming is slow-warming, but I am slower compared to him. When facing people whom I am not familiar with, I will not take the initiative to make the first move, and I don't know what to say. That is why it gives people the impression of a wall blocking the way. Ma Ming and I are compatible because we are two of a kind. We both have temperaments of an artist, and we both see acting as an art. We both have high standards in analyzing characters and the script. There are times when our stubbornness makes us believe that our thinking is for the best, but it's not like we don't listen to others; as long as the other party has our trust, don't go around and give opinions when you 'do not have the material'.

KM: "Yes! Veterans whom I admire will give opinions, and I will take them to heart. Just like Kevin said, if I see who acts and 'does not have the material' but is teaching me how to act, I would say to myself, 'Don't tease me'".

Kevin Loves a Challenge; Ma Ming Likes Good Girls

Apart from work, the two guys would talk about girls. Ma Ming exposed that Kevin loves challenging girls. Kevin expressed that Ma Ming likes good girls. The tastes are different, so no fighting for the same girl.

KM: "I clearly understand Kevin's taste [in girls]".

KC: "I, too, know your taste! Ha ha! He likes good girls!"

KM: "Kevin likes girls with a challenge! The girls whom he likes are girls who, in the eye of an average guy, are difficult to pursue. That is why we would not fight for the same girl. I do not like to challenge the difficult. I like to go toward the challenge of comfortable. There are times when we see girls [walk by], and I would ask Big Brother (Kevin) for his opinion. I would ask him, 'Big Brother, is this one okay?', and he would say, 'Your taste! Sigh!'"

KC: "Well, it's not like that. Ma Ming likes good girls who are nice!"

KM: "Kevin likes the challenging type, and when he doesn't talk, he gives off an arrogant feeling. Vice versa, I believe that in many girls' eyes, he is quite challenging. Many girls would feel that he is a 'good catch'. He is difficult; not any girl who pursues him will succeed. Although saying 'girls pursuing guys separate the heavy gauze', pursuing Kevin is not an easy task. Like his work, he also has high standards for girls".

KC: "Love goes both ways. You pick people, and people pick you. They will have high standards for you, too. It must complement one another. Is the success rate of me pursuing girls high? I am often the one being pursued. Ha ha ha! I am not easy to pursue! Take that! Just joking!"

Can the challenging girl and good girl be their rumoured girlfriends, Charmaine Sheh and Nancy Wu? After hearing these two names, the both of them became more serious. When asked about how they would describe their relationship with Charmaine and Nancy, the two brothers said that they are friends. Kevin added, "Colleagues plus friends. It has never changed".

The Good and Bad of Rumours

Having been in the industry for many years, and when faced with rumours, it can be troubling. At first, they resisted it, but are now slowly accepting the fact, so it will not frustrate and hurt them.

KC: "The outside world is more concerned about the private life of people from the industry. There are times when it is real, and there are times when it is fake! I do not have to state which is real and which is fake. Ha ha! I understand readers' point of view, but we would like to protect our personal space. If two people from the industry start dating, people will then focus on their love life, and their hard work will be neglected. If the other half is not from the industry, then it will give the other person pressure. They will be 'investigated' [and every little bit of them will be exposed]; not everybody is able to accept this. I will choose to protect my personal space, and it will be publicized when we are both comfortable with the situation, like getting married. But, when I have children, I would be afraid of exposure. If ransom happens, who would be to blame? I am thinking very far, but I hope that even if they do get photographed in the future, I would like their faces to be blurred out!"

KM: "I used to resist rumours. Whether they were real or fake, I resisted them. It wasn't until a veteran told me that it's a sign of acceptance in this industry. Now, I am okay with it as long as it isn't written too out of proportion, and I will treat it as news. Artistes also want to have a love life, meet girls, and develop to the next stage. The worst is when starting off as friends, but the media has already blown it out of proportion saying that they are married, pregnant, or even saying that the girl is being cheated. Things like that wouldn't be good, so it is quite difficult for a normal development".

KC: "Even going out to dinner together is considered dating. Everybody would be scared of you! Would any girl dare to go out one-on-one with you? These things are uncontrollable. But, I am focusing on my career. Men are better than women because we can have kids at an older age. Love and marriage cannot be rushed. My mother is not anxious, so why am I rushing? I will let nature take its course!"

KM: "I would rather be dry than promiscuous. My mother has never rushed me. All she says is that she doesn't have enough money to use. Super cute".

KC: "When I get married in the future, I will definitely have children. It would be a profit if I have a cute 'Manning Girl'! Daddy will always die in the hands of his daughter. I will definitely faint under the daughter's tease".

Personal Note: Lovin' "A Fistful of Stances"! Episode 7 is a definite watch if you are a super fan of Kenneth and Selena! Super cute and super sweet! :D Can't wait for more!

"A Fistful of Stances" Episode 7

"A Fistful of Stances" Episode 8

"A Fistful of Stances" Episode 9

Sorry, I was going translate this article yesterday, but I haven't been updating much, as I have been fighting a bad cold/flu for the past week. :) Still not 100 percent yet.

*Credits to mingpao

2 comments:

  1. I haven't started A Fistful of Stances yet, I was going to, to see Kenneth and Selena. :P After reading this post, I went and watched just episode 7. Kenneth and Selena scenes were cute, I like Kenneth's character, cute and funny :) The episode was not bad... but I don't know if it's good enough to make me start watching the series... In the flashbacks, Tavia did a fairly good job in her role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To turtle88:

    I've watched 8 episodes, and the series is very fast-paced. No boring parts, and the flashbacks are not annoying. Tavia's acting is very mature in here. Ma Ming did not lie when he said that his character is well-rounded.

    Even Kevin Cheng did well during a hospital scene.

    ReplyDelete