Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ron Ng on "Starry Kitchen"

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

TVBE Clip

ron01
ron02ron03ron04

Ron Ng was on an episode of Chow Chung's "Starry Kitchen". Ron actually does know how to cook, as his lifting the wok with a tossing motion technique was very skillful. Ron laughingly said that he has been going into the kitchen to learn from his mom since he was 13 years old. In his spare time, Ron likes to cook a few dishes, and his signature dishes are seafood dishes. However, he had never thought about being a chef. He said, "I'm afraid of the smoke and oil from the kitchen, so I hope that my future wife will know how to cook". Ron had cooked for his girlfriend in the past, but he expressed that he would not use his cooking skills to pursue girls. On Christmas Day, Ron revealed that he will be going to the U.S. to do a stage performance with Yumiko Cheng and will be spending a white Christmas there.

Personal Note: I had no idea that Ron knew how to cook! :D What other hidden skills does Ron have? He he.... ;P

FYI: The definition of 拋鑊:
lifting the wok with a tossing motion
[Lit.] to throw/toss the wok or pan. It's a cooking technique used mostly in stir-frying and sautéing by experienced or confident cooks, in order to toss the ingredients around inside the wok or pan.


*Credits to the-sun and singtao

3 comments:

  1. I was surprised that Ron knows how to cook. I first found out on Pleasure & Leisure show. Too bad that I missed out on Ron's episode of Starry Kitchen. I wonder if I can get a replay somewhere.
    I was also surprised that Ron & Yumiko came to Chicago(?) to perform on Christmas Day. I wonder where I can find Ron's updated news & his upcoming schedules.
    By the way, is Ron coming to the USA for concert in 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Trinh N. Ha:

    You can find Ron's schedule at ronng.com :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Ron knows how to cook! Hehe, that's so rare in a guy - and girl noawdays!

    ReplyDelete