Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Raymond Wong Kisses Tavia Yeung, Very Scared of Getting Punched by Him Law

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

stheadline Clip (030322)

ontv Clip (021522)

Ming Pao Clip (030222)

The series "Modern Dynasty", starring Raymond Wong, is currently airing. In the series, Raymond plays the second son of the big Ma family that owns a huge business empire, and he is also a scumbag who is taking care of his mistress and illegitimate daughter. He is also good at scheming, but he leaves out the person next to him in his calculations, resulting in the loss of his life. Tavia Yeung and her husband, Him Law, play his wife and younger brother respectively, and there was already an awkward scene once filming started!

Raymond, who has collaborated with Tavia for the third time, said, "The last time we worked together was already more than ten years ago. At that time, she was still unmarried, and even complained about me often talking about my wife, which made her unable to immerse into character. This time, she and her husband are in the same series. In the series, she and I play husband and wife; naturally, there are intimate scenes, especially having to already kiss her when filming the first wedding scene, and even immediately seeing Him once [I] turned around after filming it. Inside, [I] immediately 'wah'-ed. Really remember naturally walking up to and shaking hands with Him at that time, but this scene was even unexpectedly broadcasted". Raymond admitted that it felt a bit strange to kiss Him's wife in front of him, but the barrier was broken very quickly. Amusingly asked whether he later said to Him, 'I'm going to kiss your wife again!', Raymond laughingly said, "Well, I was not that cocky. Scared that he would actually punch [me]!"

In the series, Raymond works hard to win glory for his family. Having been in the industry for more than 20 years, would he hope to win personal glory, especially when Johnnie To, his mentor who brought him to the big screen, criticized him for having 'crappy acting'? He said, "Before, I was lacking a lot of experience and also did not know how to deal with pressure. Plus, I didn't receive traditional training when I entered the industry. Relied on the accumulation of experience after entering the industry. I think that building self-condidence is important, especially if one does not have enough 'filling' inside. The more scared and the less confident, the more it will affect the performance. In [my] ten-plus years in TVB, have certainly gained a lot, encountered many different partners, and received constant exchange and sharing from good seniors and producers; however, on Mr. To's person, there is no way of saying anything to save face. Every word that he has said to me is an encouragement, and I will adopt his attitude, which is to know that I am always lacking and always have to seek breakthroughs and work hard. Everyone knows that Johnnie is my teacher. Don't hope to build his reputation...at least would not ruin his reputation. Have to at least be brave enough to tell people that I was taught by Mr. To". A few years ago, [they] collaborated again in the movie "Three". Raymond got Johnnie's approval and said to him, "You've got it now. See if we have a chance to collaborate". Asked if he was moved to tears at that time, Raymond frankly said that it did not go as far as that, but it could be described in two words, which was 'secretly delighted'!"

*Credits to stheadline, on.cc, and mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment