Monday, March 28, 2022

Selena Lee Encounters Strange Things When Singing Self-Composed Interlude for "Barrack O'Karma 1968": Had to Pass Three Levels Before Recording It

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

TVBE Clip (032922)

TVBE Clip (032922)

The TVB series "Barrack O'Karma 1968" will be premiering on April 4th. Apart from starring, female lead Selena Lee also become a composer for the first time and released her first work, 《相愛萬年》.

She expressed in an interview, "The song 《相愛萬年》 was written with my younger female cousin. She was thinking of the love story in the first installment of 'Barrack O'Karma' while creating it, while I was thinking of 'Barrack 1968'; thus, for me, 《相愛萬年》 is not just a love song, and it also represents my scenes, emotions, and desires in 'Barrack 1968', which are my personal feelings when I put myself into character.

For this song to be able become one of the interludes of 'Barrack 1968', it can be said that it was fate, and it can be said that there were many obstacles. When this song was composed at first, never thought that it could be used in the series. Was really affected by 'Barrack 1968'. Was emotionally touched too much during the shoot. Suddenly had the urge to write a song. I also really like the classic theme song 《今宵多珍重》, so I never thought about being able to put my own song in the series.

After finishing writing the song, heard that the producer was actually looking for a song to act as the series' interlude, so I hummed a few words at random for him to listen to. Little did [I] know that he would think that it was suitable, and it naturally became one of the songs in the series. However, if it's related to 'Barrack', many strange things would usually occur, and this song was no exception.

From the first recording, couldn't record because I suddenly lost my voice. When it came to the second recording, couldn't record because the floor above the recording studio was renovating. For the third recording, our record producer, Davy, suddenly got admitted into the hospital. Also get the chills hearing about it. Luckily, there were no problems when it came to the fourth time. Saying it like a joke, it felt as though 'Barrack' was trying to test our sincerity. Has to pass three levels, but thankful that everyone had a lot of heart and was persistent in doing a good job on this song".

Related post: "Barrack O'Karma 1968" Sub Song
Related post: Selena Lee Sings and Composes Song for "Barrack O'Karma 1968"

*Credits to mingpao and tvb

No comments:

Post a Comment