Date: August 25, 2016
Temporary Chinese title: 《降魔的》
Pinyin title: Hong Moh Dik
Temporary English title: "Demon-Conquering Taxi"
Producer: Fong Chun Chiu
Attending Cast: Kenneth Ma, Mandy Wong, Hugo Wong, Hubert Wu, Moon Lau, Ram Chiang, Susan Tse, Kitty Yuen, Iris Lam, Savio Tsang, Lee Ka Ting, Yu Chi Ming, Ho Yuen Tung, Raymond Chiu, Helen Ma, Henry Lo, Kayee Tam, Raymond Tsang, Kong Fu Keung, Chan Wing Chun, Andy Siu, and June Ng.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio One
East Week Clip
- 21 episodes long.
- Kenneth Ma will play Ma Kwai (馬季), a night shift taxi driver who is able to see ghosts. He drives 'other realm' beings. Since he was young, he experienced many accidents but did not die. For example, when he was three years old, there was a big house fire in which his parent were burned to death, but he did not die. Afterward, when he went travelling, he encountered an earthquake and a plane crash, but he also did not die. He feels that his every day has been gained, but he actively lives each day. The reason he does not die is because the heavens does not allow him to die, and that he must finish heaven's will, so fairy Hubert Wu gives him extensive eyesight, and since then, he is able to see many supernatural beings; because of this, he also meets emergency room (ER) doctor Mandy Wong. Although he appears very happy, his experience makes him very unhappy inside; like Susan Tse's son dying when he was nine years old, he feels that this incident is related to him, so he has always had a trauma in his heart. When Susan adopts him, he feels that he must treat her very well. He has a crush on Mandy.
- Mandy will play Chong Chi Yeuk (莊芷若), a passionate ER doctor who is rather gentle and considerate. After meeting Kenneth, she encounters an accident and becomes a vegetable, even having an out-of-body experience during this. Because of Hubert's help, Kenneth gains extensive eyesight and is able to see many supernatural things, so he sees her spirit at her most helpless time, which also makes the two of them closer, even experiencing a journey into the nether world together.
- Hugo Wong will play Kwok Chin Ming (郭展明), the son of a demon who later becomes possessed by a demon.
- Hubert will play Sek Kam Dong (石敢當), a kindhearted rock fairy.
- Moon Lau will play Bui Bui Na (貝貝娜), a 21-year-old woman who aspires to be an anchor. She is the host of a television station's supernatural programme. She is afraid of ghosts but is forced to be the host of a supernatural programme. She is most afraid of Hubert following her home. Kenneth helps her ward off many things, which makes her develop feelings for him. She and Hubert are a couple.
- Ram Chiang will play Mok Yau Wai (莫有為), a taxi driver who pursues science and knowledge.
- King Kong and Kitty Yuen will guest-star as a married ghost couple.
- Iris Lam will play Pui Ling (佩玲), an ignorant university student who gets controlled by Hugo. She and Hugo are a couple.
- Savio Tsang will play one of the hosts of a television station's supernatural programme.
- Wai Ka Hung will play a cop.
- Ho Yuen Tung will play a taxi driver.
- Raymond Chiu will play Seven Luk Ka Yat (陸嘉一), a taxi driver.
- Helen Ma will play the boss of a taxi company who has stocks and is also a driver.
- Henry Lo will play a television station's programme producer.
- Kayee Tam will play Lei Lei (莉莉), a human puppet who becomes a fairy.
- Derek Wong will play Jason, a passenger with a particular fetish. He develops a strange, ambiguous relationship with Kenneth.
- Jim Tang will play a CID.
FYI: The official English title of this series is "The Exorcist's Meter".
Related post: "The Exorcist's Meter Spin-Off - Episode I" Blessing Ceremony
Related post: Mandy Wong Already Loses Sleep from Just Looking at Script, Kenneth Ma Scared by Ghost Doll
Related post: Kenneth Ma Reveals That a Security Guard Previously Bumped into a Ghost
Related post: Denies Not Being on Good Terms with Tony Hung, Kenneth Ma: I Did Not Drink
Related post: "Demon-Conquering Taxi" Blessing Ceremony & Award Presentation
Personal Note: So many ghost comedies lately....
*Credits to 狂愛TVB, on.cc, stheadline, eastweek, youku, gztv, and Weibo