Sunday, March 8, 2009

TVB Programme Highlights 2009 Issue 1

*Credits to AC @ My Favorite TVB for the scans!

programme_highlights_issue_1_01
"Man in Charge" and "Just Love II"

"Man in Charge" is finally releasing! I've waited so long for this. It is will air after "The Winter Melon Tale" on Monday, April 6, 2009, at 8:30pm. The series was filmed in May 2007, but there is no way TVB was going to warehouse it. Just like "D.I.E.", if they were going to warehouse it, wouldn't it have been released overseas? Out of all these six series on this highlight, only Ma Ming and Kate's names are mentioned in the series description. That is because the description was taken from a previous highlight. I like the look of the poster! Also, both Ma Ming and Matthew Ko sing the theme song.

As for "Just Love II", I don't know what they are going to talk about in this sequel. Didn't Johnson Lee end up with Fiona Yuen?

programme_highlights_issue_1_02
"The Threshold of a Persona" and "The King of Snookers"

TVB finally decides to place Yoyo's name second in "The Threshold of a Persona". Her name was fourth at the costume fitting. Nothing about this series interests me at all. Not the producer, Marco Law Wing Yin, not the series topic, and not even the cast. Didn't Catherine Tsang and Marco learn their lesson from "Always Ready"? What's up with the colour of the poster? It seems as though the light has washed out the white in their uniforms making it look as though they are wearing scrubs with badges and hats. To me, this series has the potential to be a warehoused series.

I usually watch Adam Cheng series, but Patrick Tang takes the interest away from "The King of Snookers". Stephen Chan is trying to push Patrick up to siu sang status. Too bad Sammul Chan was filming "Wong Lo Fu Snatches Wife"...my interest for this would so come back! Ha ha.... As for the poster, you would think that Adam would be shooting the pool ball instead of Patrick. Rumour has it that both Adam and Patrick sing the theme. Since when does Adam share a theme song with somebody other than Liza Wang?

programme_highlights_issue_1_03
"Rosy Business" and "The Beauty of the Game"

I am very looking forward to "Rosy Business". Not only do Kate and Patrick have two series in this highlight, but producer Lee Tim Sing also has two series in here. The series is worth watching from just looking at the list of 實力派s like Sheren Tang, Wayne Lai, Kiki Sheung, Kara Hui, Elliot Yue, Susan Tse, etc. As for the English title, the definition of 'rosy' is bright, cheerful, and optimistic. Maybe that is why Ron and Kiki are smiling in this poster. I absolutely love Ron's bald look! Ha ha.... Ron also sings the theme song.

The only thing that I like about "The Beauty of the Game" is the English title (the play on the entertainment business being a game). Other than that, this also has the potential to be warehoused.

9 comments:

  1. i think i only want to watch rosy business..since im a big sheren fan lol...hey.i didnt know ron was in this..coool... but from the sales presentation clips..this didnt seem happy in any way..more like pain for sheren..because they are going to "wut" or like blame her for stuff..and she's going to have to fight against everyone's hatred towards her..LOL

    i guess we'll have to see...im excited to see wayne and sheren!!! woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Reading your comments, I'm now excited to listen to the themesongs for all of these series now. haha. =) I didn't know that Kenneth and Matthew were singing the themesong together. They must be ready to start pushing up some guys to a higher status rather than just Miss HKs. I know that he's supposed to be really talented at the piano so I can't wait to hear what he sounds like.

    I think Fiona Yuen left for ATV? and I also heard that she's getting married but I guess that they wanted to keep Johnson in this series so they had to find someone new. For some reason, I didn't realize that they were pairing up Johnson and Joyce though! weird.. =)It seems like they're trying to promote Johnson a little more too- he kinda reminds me of Wong Cho Lam in terms of talent- funny and good at impersonations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year, TVB is obligated to film a series about HK service force... Marco Law announced that the Threshold of a Persona will be the TVB last for this kind of series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rosy Business airs so fast? It has finished filming so recent compared with the other series. But I look forward to it.

    I like all the posters! They are very well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ AC: Wow! Johnson finally be promoted!! That's great, he's a very good actor! :) Good decision of TVB instead of promoting Miss HK's only..
    So sad that Fiona left TVB, I like her, Johnson & Fiona was a perfect couple in Just Love I.

    @ Sehseh: obligated? Good that it's the last of this kind of series, I kind of keep tired of this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing "Rosy Business" will air in June.

    Hey sehseh, is it only immigration series the last of this kind? (I hope it does not include customs.) Because ICAC and firefighters are also a part of HK service force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ICAC is part of TVB social responsibility project... it's an annual thing.

    The immigration series the last of this kind....

    But I do like Marco Law, he always try new theme in his series. Though technically I hate Always Ready, but I do like LBAF, AOM, SS.

    Looks like Alex Fong is Marco's muse. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,I love threshold of a persona but not the main character(roger)well there are many but roger seem the centre og attention. I think toby did well so did patrick. I extremely love the theme song which was sang by patrick and roger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To kool-cat:

    I didn't watch the series, so I'm not qualified to comment on the series. :) But, I too like the theme song.

    ReplyDelete