Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kenny Wong - Iron Man with Tender Feelings

Kenny's dark and solid outer appearance is cold and cool, and it gives off a feeling that is difficult to encounter, but you will later discover that this "Iron Man" is cold on the outside, but warm on the inside. Talking about his other half, he would protect her in every way and laughingly say that she is not an artiste and does not what her to have pressure coming from all over the place. Kenny rarely talks about his girlfriend of many years who is not from the industry. He is not an idol type, so why does he avoid talking about her? "It is not that I resist talking about my love life. I just think that she is a regular person, and I don't want her to withstand useless pressure because of me. If both of us were in the industry, then it would be impossible not to be in the spotlight. (Talking about how the media would expose any underground relationships or relationships in general.) Also, me dating is the same as you going on a date. Me dating is going out for supper, going to the movies...just the general stuff. It is not a, earthshaking love story, so I don't see the point of always having to mention her and show off how fortunate I am". It is very obvious that he cares for his girlfriend's feelings.

kenny_mingpao03kenny_mingpao04

For a person to not use his love life as a promotional tool and for him not to self-promote himself, are these the reasons why he has not reached the next level? In the past, he has taken on many characters that have left deep impressions like Yuet Nam in "A Kindred Spirit", Sung Tung Yeung in "The Dance of Passion", and the recent Sunny Yau Yat Tung in "The Gem of Life". In 2006, he won 'Best Supporting Actor' for "Dance", but after that, his popularity went back to normal. "There is no need to think too much about it. For being in the industry for so many years, when I first experienced my low point, I did lose hope, felt unhappy, and felt that nothing was going the right way. But the past experiences have made me understand that there is no point to be sad or mad about it. Chances don't fall from the sky. Many things depend on the people, place, and time. So that is why I would use my heart to play every character that is given to me. I will not purposely steal the limelight away from others. I will quietly wait for a chance to come. I think that I am quite lucky because I at least have played characters that people still remember compared to some lead roles". Do you think that your unsociable personality has caused a barrier for your career development? Kenny admits that many of his friends feel that his personality 'loses out', but he feels that there is a positive side to it. "My personality is that I don't steal the limelight, and that I don't like to fight with others. It is because of these two points that I get to play characters with a lot of 發揮. Anthony Wong once said that the best supporting actor must not give the main lead pressure. That is true.

kenny_mingpao05kenny_mingpao06

When talking about his 'selling point', his body, Kenny absolutely has a golden ratio body type. Other than girls looking upon with favour, guys would also have the urge to 向他打量. Kenny has just played the role of a homosexual, and he admits that he had been pursued by a person of the same sex, but he states that he likes girls 100 percent. "I do not resist homosexuals because their sexual interest is their choice, and if they are my friends, I would respect their decision. I have encountered guys liking me, but once they find out that I'm not that type, they won't pester me". When asked whether he is satisfied with his figure? He laughingly said, "I'm satisfied. What else can I ask for? Actually, I have to thank my parents for giving me a body like this. I always exercise, bike, play ball, work out, and I basically like every thing (sport). I have worked for this body, but my chest is born wide, so after working out and becoming fit, the end result looks nicer".

kenny_mingpao01kenny_mingpao02

*Credits to wongtakpun.com and mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment