Monday, December 8, 2008

Tavia Yeung Talks About Ron Ng, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, and Moses Chan

Mak Ling Ling: Let's talk about guys. How about we start with the one you are most familiar with and share the same manager--Ron Ng.

Tavia: Ron is a virgo (just like Tavia), and he does not like people who are annoying. He used to give me the feeling of a big child who never grows up. He never used to care about the outcome, but guys are never 定性, so it is not to blame. In recent years, he is better, and he is more practical/ideal. He knows the direction he wants to take.

Mak Ling Ling: But he has a lot of bad press/news!

Tavia: Those are just fake news. It is only 'entertainment news' for the audience to indulge after meals. After you have finished reading it, you will forget it the next day. The most important thing is to know when to receive. In this business, time does not wait for people. Guys can wait, but girls cannot wait. Ron is more mature now, and he knows how to deal with things. We don't have to worry about him. I personally 都錫 him because we are under the same manager for 7 or 8 years. We are like a family, and I obviously hope that he does better and better!

Mak Ling Ling: What about Raymond Lam?

Tavia: Raymond is a person with great self-control. He never strove for the top when he first entered this business. He went through a process of training and did his best with what he was given. Just like now and then, they will re-air series where you see him playing a prison guard.

Mak Ling Ling: Do you think Raymond's appearance has noticeably changed? (Talking about Raymond's plastic surgery rumours.)

Tavia: I have changed, too! As long as you are healthy. 咁人梗係貪靚啦, especially in this industry. 追求美有好多心態, 要貪靚先可以歷久常新, 好過俾人話殘唔 keep o丫!

Mak Ling Ling? What about you? Will you consider plastic surgery?

Tavia: Maybe one day I will. Once that beauty has surpassed my age limit, I wouldn't mind going through with it.

Mak Ling Ling: How about Bosco Wong? I watched "Dicey Business", and you guys are quite a match. You said that you once had a crush on a person who works in this industry. Is it him?
(Totally not true because she once said in an old interview that it was a person in the next classroom while she was in TVB's Acting Class. Also, Tavia forgot Bosco interviewed her many times before he went into acting. If she had a crush on him then, wouldn't she remember him?)

Tavia: He is the type of guy with the guts to talk about poop, pee, and fart in front of me. Raymond does not dare to, and it is rare for Ron to do it. For example, we would be filming, and he would tell me, "I want to fart" or "I have to go poop". He truly treats me like one of the guys. But when we are ready to film, we have a lot of chemistry. Even in real life or in the series, he would put his arm on my shoulder and ask me, "Hey, what's up honey (wife) [played husband and wife in "Dicey Business"]? To put it in a bad way, he is a sweet-talker. Luckily, I am 心水清 (pure of heart) and will not let him 'tum' me.

Mak Ling Ling: What about Moses Chan?

Tavia: This one is like a big brother. He has taught me many things, and he is a steady guy. But actually, he is also a big child. I was kind of afraid to film with him previously in "Land of Wealth" because he is very silent. He would hold a cup of coffee and walk to one side and not care about anyone's business. I didn't know how to start a conversation with him. It wasn't until the filming of "Moonlight Resonance" that I knew he is actually a crazily fun guy.

Mak Ling Ling: If you were to pick one of these four guys to be your boyfriend, who would you pick?

Tavia: There is no perfection in this world....

Mak Ling Ling: Let's just say that these were the only four guys left on this planet. Who would you pick?

Tavia: I will pick Ah Mo (Moses) because he gives off a considerate feeling. There is a very big sense of security standing next to his tall frame. He and I have filmed hand-holding scenes, and his hands are very big. Girls will feel a big sense of security.

Personal Note: Tavia was interviewed by Mak Ling Ling shortly after her 'Best Supporting Actress' win at TVB's anniversary. This part of the article was only posted by lovebosco.net because it actually mentions him in it. In this article, they also asked Tavia for her opinions on Fala Chen, Kate Tsui, Linda Chung, Tracy Ip, and Sharon Luk.

*Credits to lovebosco.net and orientaldaily

3 comments:

  1. Chandra: OMG, I was looking for someone to translate this artcle and I am so glad I found you. Thank you so much for translating this article b/c it was a fun read. Can I please post it at Tavia's thead at asianfanatics.net/forum and Tavia's English forum? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing this!!!
    moses & his big hands = love!!! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too enjoyed reading this article. I'm glad you guys liked it.

    There are some Chinese words that sounded better in Chinese than English, so I left it as it is. Hope you guys don't mind.

    MC3: Yeah, Moses has huge hands because I had to buy him XL gloves when he went to Mainland to film for "Land of Wealth" back then. Ha ha...

    Chandra: Thanks for dropping by, you may repost it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete