Monday, June 12, 2006

Eye Catching: Justin Lo

Date of birth: July 1
Horoscope sign: Cancer

Instruments played: Piano, drums

Most want to work with singers: Sam Hui, George Lam

Favourite music: Soul pop

How he entered: After Justin graduated form design in the States, he got bored working for a Yahoo website, so he returned to Hong Kong two years ago to do music. Through his Uncle Ted Lo, he met Mark Lui and composed many songs. His more known compositions include Leo Ku's "Nobita", "Hurt Chasing Person", and Leon Lai's "Do I Still Love You". It was not until being a backup singer for Leo Ku's concert that he was discovered by Paco Wong and signed to the music company Gold Label as a singer.

When performing as a backup singer for Leo's concert, Justin did not reveal himself too much because he does not have a handsome face, and he is not tall, but he has an unbelievable amount of cuteness in him that makes him shine. Plus the big hit "Good Guy", all eyes were focused on this new male singer, making him the most focused new male singer. When comparing to other newbies who have all released their debut albums, Justin has not rushed himself in order to release an album. He laughs, "I have only recorded two songs. I need more time to work on other songs. I don't want this album to have any boredom to it. I want all ten songs to have its own style just like 'Good Guy' and 'Erica'. Actually, it is very difficult for fans not to skip any tracks in a CD, but I would like to do the impossible for this album".

Before becoming a singer, Justin kept a lot to himself. After entering the business, one's personality nevertheless will change due to entertainment value. However, he insists on keeping the music for real. He says, "After becoming a singer, I've came in contact with a lot more people, there's photo shoots and interviews. Compared to when I was just doing music, I don't need to care about anything else. It's like jumping out from the bottom of a well and coming into the big world. I hope that, in five years, I can become a complete music producer, not just in Hong Kong, I want to get the approval from all around Asia. That is my dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment