Friday, July 12, 2019

Kenneth Ma Values the Recognition of the Audience More Than Winning Awards: There Is No Pay Raise in Winning 'TV King'

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

hk01 Clip

After the 'Andy Hui and Jacqueline Wong Incident', Kenneth Ma's good man image has become even more stable. Many females consider this 45-year-old TVB siu sang as hot property. Apart from his appearance, it is believed that one of his merits is honesty. He said, "I am not as virtuous as 'Big White Duel''s 'Tong Ming'. 'Tong Ming' is not greedy for money, reputation, or status, but Kenneth Ma has to make money!" As for the 'TV King' award, the majority of TVB's male artistes certainly want to attain it, but Kenneth does not have great interest in it: "If [you] win an award, there is no pay raise. Advertisers would also not look for you because you are 'TV King'.... I would rather want to hear viewers expressing that they like the series that I star in". Kenneth frankly said that a lot of his life values are taught to him by soccer: "Between a master marksman and a league champion, I choose the latter. I like celebrating with my teammates". One of the successes of a soccer player is running to the audience to enjoy the cheers and applause of the soccer fans after getting a goal. Thus, the recognition of the audience is very important to Kenneth, but netizens are constantly expressing that they 'take pride in not watching TVB': "Then we will do a little bit better. Continue to do well until they watch us. I believe that viewers will accept good works".

Regarding Jacqueline, Kenneth did not say much. Regarding his love life, he often says that it is not a big deal; it is a very small matter. Is there really no feeling at all? Is there no emotion? However, he talks non-stop about other things, and you would discover that he has feelings for a lot of things and cherishes things in the past: "I like TVB during the Clearwater Bay period. Perhaps it is because the recording studio was relatively close. Everyone would get together during and after work...had a very close relationship. Now, the studio has gotten bigger, and the distance is farther. The new generation likes to play with mobile phones; many are people who lower their heads. I rarely play with my mobile pone. Perhaps it is because there were no smartphones when I entered the industry. I was used to watching my seniors act in my spare time. At that time, there were really a lot of front-line seniors. I also rehearsed with Alex Man and Tse Kwan Ho before. There was also Gallen Lo, Wayne Lai, et al., acting in front of you, so why would I not take the opportunity to observe and learn from them? I would also do this now. Even if I am not in the scene, I would take a look at how others act, especially the new generation of artistes, because their acting method may be the most accepted by young viewers".

Kenneth entered the industry in 1999. At the time, TVB was still very popular, which is vastly different from the current TVB that gets blasted by many people. Although Kenneth does not like to surf the Internet, he also knows that there are these opposing voices: "I feel that there is no need to worry. As for the issue of viewers expressing that they do not watch us, I feel that [we] should think about how we can do our own series and programmes well. When our works are of high quality, I believe that viewers would watch them. There may be a series or two that is not worth watching recently. Perhaps [viewers] would not watch you during this time; however, as long as you have series that are worth watching, they will return. Unless the series for the entire year are really not worth watching, then they really would not watch TVB anymore".

*Credits to hk01

No comments:

Post a Comment