Date: February 4, 2016
Temporary Chinese title: 《親親我好媽》
Pinyin title: Chan Chan Ngor Ho Ma
Temporary English title: "Kiss My Good Mom"
Producer: Kwan Wing Chung
Attending Cast: Ben Wong, Elena Kong, Koni Lui, Sharon Chan, Michelle Yim, Savio Tsang, Wai Ka Hung, Angelina Lo, Becky Lee, Matthew Ho, Kaman Wong, Mak Ling Ming, Eileen Yeow, Lam Ying Fai, Hebe Chan, Kimmi Tsui, Pauline Chow, June Chan, So Yan Chi, Iva Law, Aurora Li, Georgina Chan, Arnold Kwok, So Lai Ming, Chung Chi Kwong, Mak Ka Lun, Sin Ho Ying, Kong Fu Keung, Chan Tik Hak, Tony Chui, Gregory Lee, Chuk Man Kwan, and Song Wen.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio One Common Room
Ming Pao Clip
- Elena Kong will play Cha Heung Sin (查向善), a 'Hong Kong Mom'. She and Ben Wong are a married couple with two daughters, and are monster parents who are strict toward their daughters. She gives her daughters limited rest and forces them to study and do their homework all the time.
- Koni Lui will play Ko Yuen Yuen (高袁圓), a wealthy, loving mother. She has a 12-year-old son.
- Sharon Chan will play Man Ka Hei (文嘉熙), a primary school dean. She is widowed. She independently raised her ten-plus-year-old son, and is strict toward her son, but does not go as far as Elena's type of oppression. She will have a romance with school caretaker Wai Ka Hung.
- Michelle Yim will play Elena's mother. She is very strict toward Elena, so Elena is also very strict toward her daughters. She does not let Elena learn ballet, saying that she would never be as good as she is; thus, Elena tells her daughters to learn ballet, hoping that they would be better than her mother.
- Angelina Lo bickers with Michelle.
- Becky Lee will play Hung Ngan Chi (洪顏姿), Ben's confidante.
- Matthew Ho will play Hayden Man Leung Hei (文亮熙), Sharon's younger brother.
- Mak Ling Ling will play a principal.
- Hebe Chan will play a high school student. She is a rich girl. Her family instills in her to become a rich daughter-in-law. Her goal is to marry a rich guy. She later meets a guy, who rescues her when she is in danger. She learns how to box for the guy she likes. She ends up loving boxing, even taking part in competitions, despite the opposition of her family.
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Tiger Mom Blues".
Personal Note: TVB really likes to film series with similar themes within a short period of time...a series about fatherhood last year, and now one about motherhood....
Not excited about the series itself, but glad that Elena is the first lead.
Surprised that Koni has higher billing than Sharon.
*Credits to 狂愛TVB, gztv, 黃智賢吧, and Weibo