Monday, July 7, 2008

Ninth Round: Team MengMa - Cha Cha/Jive

Introduction + Grace Wong & Niu Meng Meng Solo

Nancy Wu, Chen Lo, Myolie Wu Solo

Yang Ruo Xi Solo and Myolie Wu & Kevin Cheng's Tango

MengMa's Cha Cha/Jive, Elimination, and YangCheng's Rumba

TinLu's Waltz, TeamSuccess' Argentine Tango

LittleStar's Paso Doble, SCD Promo Clips x 3, and Elimination

TVB aired the Ninth Round on Saturday on the Lifestyle Channel.

Like I mentioned in my previous post ("Strictly Come Dancing II" Ninth Round), the TVB host was Astrid Chan and the guest judge was Nancy Sit.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

In this week's episode, all the competitors spoke about the other competitors. This is what they had to say about Team MengMa:

Grace: Every time I have lunch with Ma Ming, he looks like this (points to poster)...very handsome....
Ham: Very cool.
Grace: Very cool.
Ham: But once he meets up with Meng Meng and messes up on the dance steps, he would be very scared.
Grace: (imitating Ma Ming) What should I do? What should I do?
Nathan: In this competiton, he (Kenneth) is the most hardworking one. He sweats so much, so much.
Chen Lu: He is like a hardworking ox.
Timmy: When Meng Meng is practicing in the room, she'll be like, "Neh (the sound of an ox), you have come. Neh".
Chen Lu: Meng Meng is like a horse that does not eat grass.
Timmy: Yes.
Chen Lu: Very cute.
Nathan: She (Meng Meng) is like a female peacock. When she competes, it seems as though she has fanned her hair.
(Nancy is laughing.)
(Someone in the background: Feathers!)
Nathan: Yeah, feathers. The peacock has fanned her hair feathers.
(Nancy laughs and pushes his left cheek with her hand.)
Kevin: Meng Meng...I can consider her. Ma Ming is also not bad. He is a super, good guy.
Myolie: It's not not bad, he is very good...
Kevin: Very good.
Myolie: He is an extinct good guy.
Niu Meng Meng: I think that, out of all the guys in this competition, Ma Ming is the cutest out of all of them. Because, every time you ask him, "What do you think of this dance?" He would say (imitates him), "It is very difficult". If you ask him, "How is the progress of learning the dance?" He would say (imitates him again), "I still don't know. What should I do?" All you need is practice and our chemistry will grow. Just get used to it.

Niu Meng Meng: It's a perfect match.
Kenneth: Do you think so?
Niu Meng Meng: You (audience) dare to say not?!
Kenneth: You (audience) dare to say not, right?
Niu Meng Meng: You (audience) should come and dance this routine.
Kenneth: Yes, come and PK me.
niu_ma_01niu_ma_02niu_ma_03niu_ma_04niu_ma_05niu_ma_06niu_ma_07niu_ma_08niu_ma_14

After Team MengMa had finished dancing:
niu_ma_10niu_ma_11niu_ma_12niu_ma_13
Astrid: I can tell, Ma Ming, that you really enjoy dancing.
Niu Meng Meng: Yes, he danced very well.
Kenneth: I'm confused again.
Teacher He: Meng Meng, what else do you want to say?
Niu Meng Meng: He truly danced very well.
Teacher He: Last week, when they finished dancing, Meng Meng said to me offstage, because it was inconvenient for her to say onstage, "Did you see? What'd you think? Ma Ming danced extremely well!" At this time, you can only hear Ma Ming speak in a fake voice because when he finishes dancing, he only speaks in a fake voice. How are you right now?
Kenneth: Can't speak now (high-pitched voice).
Astrid: Difficult or not?
Kenneth: Very difficult. (You can see the judges laughing.)
Teacher He: He will become unable to speak in a normal voice.

Teacher He then asks Kenneth about his thoughts on facing elimination.
Teacher He: Are you confident about staying?
Kenneth: If it was only me, I would not be confident, but since I have her, I have confidence.
Niu Meng Meng: I...think that the outcome isn't important anymore. To be able to still dance on this stage, I have to thank him (holds Kenneth's hand). If there's no him, there's no me.
Kenneth: I also have to thank you. If there's no you, I would have left the competition already.

As for Nancy and Nathan, they danced a Argentine Tango routine and received their second perfect score from the judges. Nancy cried and said that she wanted to dance the tango this week, and asked Nathan if he was comfortable in doing the dance. The night before, Nathan told Nancy, "I'm sorry, I can't do it". Nancy said he was very scared because they only had three days to learn the dance. She also questioned whether she had chosen the wrong dance because she was putting pressure on Nathan. Nathan supported Nancy and said, "There was a lot of pressure on her shoulders because she had to dance a solo, which she practiced in Hong Kong, and she had to fly back to Hunan and learn the Argentine Tango with me. I understand why you are crying even though I can't hear it. (Nathan pretends to cry which made Nancy laugh.) I understand. Don't cry".

Personal Note: Hahaha.... Ma Ming was very good at dancing the jive. Who would have guessed that he would be able to do the jive? Not even Teacher Chou expected that. Teacher Yang couldn't help but say out loud, "Ma Kwok Ming, you really danced very well!"

In the VCR, Nathan was very funny because he didn't know how to say 'feathers' in Mandarin. Haha....


*Credits to tudou and kiko

1 comment:

  1. Nathan Li, "Out of all the guys, he is the most hard working because he sweats so so much."

    ReplyDelete