Monday, March 9, 2020

Roxanne Tong Officially Becomes the First Female Lead, Edwin Siu Being Ji Gong to Fight Against the Epidemic

CREDIT IF REPOSTED


In the ancient series "A Smile Across the Mortal World", which commences filming in mid-March, Roxanne Tong is officially acting as the first female lead! Edwin Siu is portraying Ji Gong in the series; this time, TVB will add new elements.

Roxanne admitted in an on.cc interview that she attaches great importance to this series. She said, "Actually, this time is really the first time to officially act as the female lead, so very nervous, but the company is great. The script is almost all out. Now, I am doing my homework diligently. The character this time is vastly different from before. In the past, I played happy, optimistic girls. This time, I am being an iron-faced constable, which is vastly different from what I usually do. I also really like this series. There are case investigations and romantic storylines. Plus, Ji Gong is a very classic story. I really like filming these. I also like filming in ancient costume. For one, a lot of people say that I match ancient costumes. I also think that I suit the ancient look. Now, I am also getting fitter for the role because there are many action scenes in the series". She is also learning jazz and K-pop dances in order to become more flexible. She said, "Hope to be able to do some pretty moves. Hope that this time's performance can be cooler, laugh less, and change [my] previous image".

Edwin is extremely happy to play Ji Gong, and hopes that his version is able to bring joy to everyone. He said, "Ji Gong is the best at positive energy and treating illnesses. Hope that the epidemic situation in Hong Kong has improved in the time that it takes to film this series. Hope that Hong Kong will not have [the coronavirus] again". Edwin also previously collaborated with Roxanne in "Birth of a Hero". He said, "She is not bad as a partner. She has her own sense of humour. Hope to be able to have even more sparks when filming this comedy".

This series also has Sammy Sum. He even had a mould done for his character earlier, but he kept everyone guessing: "I can only say that it is a character that is surprising and greatly tests acting skills. This character is very fun".

Personal Note: Another ancient comedy for Edwin....

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment