Monday, October 28, 2019

Slowly Picking Among Suitors, Selena Lee Admits to Liking a Westernized Hong Kong Person

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Artiste Selena Lee was a guest on a radio programme. She expressed that the characters 'Alex' and 'Coco' in the hit series "Barrack O'Karma" greatly increased her workload and income. Although she did not pay attention to how much her pay increased, she extremely enjoys the effect of the series causing her to have a new peak in her career: "Because of this series, there have been jobs in Japan, Beijing, and the US. The most unexpected is that, because of the subject matter, the series cannot be broadcasted in Mainland, but Mainland viewers are also able to watch it through another platfform, and even really like my character. When I was on a Beijing flight, a flight attendant also called me 'Alex'". She said that she has also been affected by the 'effect of the series': "When I was on a Beijing flight, there was a baby who was crying very loudly. I immediately thought of the plane in the series also crashing after the baby cried. At that moment, I was really scared that there would be an accident, so I recorded some words on IG". When asked whether she fell in love with her partner, Joel Chan, due to being so immersed in the role, she bluntly said, "Well, no. Because he has Apple (Joel's girlfriend), and he is really different from his character in real life. In the series, he is slightly stupid...not like that in real life. I have seen a lot of his ugly sides". She also said that she and Joel have a 'brotherhood'. When Joel gets married, will definitely go to congratulate and give a big red pocket.

When asked whether she had even more suitors now, she frankly said, "There are. For one of them, we are both interested (good feelings), but I am very busy...do not have the time. (What type of person?) A Hong Kong person but is very westernized. Don't say too much. Afraid of scaring off the the other people. There is not the slightest sign of anything happening yet. I am more free at the end of next year. Moreover, I am still in my 30s. Not in a rush. (Don't make the other person wait too long!) Some things are worth waiting for. Like in the series, Joel also waited until the next life".

[0102819] Selena Lee @ 《口水多過浪花》


*Credits to on.cc and wheniwasyoungilistentotheradio

No comments:

Post a Comment