Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thankful to Francis Ng for Bringing Her into the Industry, TV Queen Nancy Wu Battling the HKFA for the First Time

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

ontv Clip

Artiste Nancy Wu stepped into the movie industry last year, and has been nominated for 'Best New Performer' at the Hong Kong Film Awards (HKFA). She frankly said that, upon knowing about her nomination, the feeling was mystical: "Very happy to have an opportunity to be nominated. When I received the news, I was on the street. After hearing it, my mind flashed back to the important images of these ten-plus years of being in the industry. Very unimaginable".

When asked whether she was confident in winning the award, Nancy admitted that it was half and half: "Have to look at the direction of the judges. I am not a newcomer in the television industry, but it is my first movie in the movie industry. Have already greatly benefited from having a part in being nominated. Having a normal attitude toward whether I get it or not. (Have already thought about your winning speech?) Will also prepare it because [you] cannot lose face. Scared that my mind will go blank then. (What are your perceptions on the other competitors?) I have not seen all the other nominees' works, but Crisel Consunji also previously won awards at other movie awards ceremonies...very happy for her".

Have Been in the Industry for Ten-Plus Years, Have Never Made a Cameo

Nancy finds herself to be lucky. She was fortunate to have joined the movie industry and to have taken part in filming. Being nominated is an unexpected reward; everything is attributed to her partner, Francis Ng, whom she has collaborated with twice: "Initially, it was Francis who contacted me, and it just so happened that I had time in my schedule. Actually, I was just following him. Watched how he did it. He gave me a sense of security. His existence already helped me a lot...was very important for me".

She, who has ample experience in the television industry, has gone from a TV queen to a movie newcomer. When asked whether there was awkwardness, Nancy said there were also doubts at first: "When they first said that they wanted to nominate me, I said, 'Could I?' As it turns out, I could as long as I had never performed in a movie. Thus, it was fate! All these years, there have been people who have contacted me about making a cameo but did not come to fruition. If I had made a cameo at the time, would not be able to be nominated today. Thus, it was arranged to have me placed in such a good movie, beginning my first time. (Do not resist being a newcomer?) I am a newcomer in the movie industry. Have many things to learn. (Not in terms of acting skills?) I have to improve. Still have a long way to go".

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment