Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Artwork

I really enjoy working on art in my free-time. However, that has not been happening much lately. I tend to discontinue working on a piece if I get bored. I get bored often if I don't like how the art is turning out. Then I just leave it and set it aside, and work on something new. Here are some of my past artwork.

art 001
This was done when I was in grade 9. The centre piece of this drawing is a sculpture taken from an art text book. However, I have forgotten the original artist's name.

art 002
This pen drawing was in my late year of grade 9.

art 003
I did this in early grade 9. It's supposed to be Gallen Lo's Lee Kei and Maggie Cheung's Ching Bo Chu. It kind of resembles them. I think I did a better job on Gallen though.

art 004
This pencil drawing of Julian Cheung Chi Lam was done in grade 9. I believe this was my first attempt at drawing real people.

art 005
This pencil drawing was done in grade 9. It is Monkey King from "Journey to the West". I was aiming for Monkey King to look more animal than human. The result wasn't that bad.

art 006
This painting was done in grade 10. I was supposed to do a master study painting, but I did this instead. Even though I did that, I finished the class with an average mark of 100 percent.

art 007
This "Is There Life After Death?" pencil drawing was done in grade 11. I really like this one because, if you flip the picture around, you will see that the word 'Death' will become the word 'Life'. Pretty cool, eh?

art 008
This is a pencil crayon drawing done in grade 11.

art 009
This abstract drawing is done entirely out of black and blue pen. It is actually Flora Chan's Chinese name 陳慧珊. On the bottom, it is the word 'flora' in handwriting. The pointillism was inspired by my sister. I really like this one because it looks very cool and nice.

art 010
This pencil drawing was done in grade 12 as well.

art 011
This is actually me when I was 8 months old. Too bad on the bad shading job on the cheeks. Other than that, I think I did well.

art 012
This media drawing of "Super Trio" is done entirely out of markers.

art 013
This is only a sketch, but I think it looks cool because it reminds me of '7 Up'.

art 014
I really like this still-life because it's done in pencil crayon plus the colors look very cool.

art 015
This "Panda" was done in grade 12. The whole thing was done entirely out of paper cuttings. The fur was made from thin strips of black and white paper. "Panda" was placed in the Mendel Art Gallery on March 24, 2003. It was my 19th birthday, so it was pretty memorable.

art 016
This is a master study that I was required to do in grade 12. However, the substitute teacher basically finished it for me when she was helping me fix it. The teacher gave it a 8/10, but the substitute teacher said to me, "I think I did better than an 8". Then she changed the mark to a 9. The "I" she was referring to was herself. So funny!

art 017
This is a pencil drawing of my sister, Sarah, at the age of 1. She actually looked more jolly in the actual photograph, but I did a decent job.

Recently, I have been working on a few new ones. Hopefully, I will finish and not give up and just leave them aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment