Saturday, March 18, 2023

Fiancée Roxanne Tong Refuses to Collaborate in a Series, Kenneth Ma Sweetly Says: 'She Is Scared of Not Being Able to Hold in Her Laughter'

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Ming Pao Clip

In the TVB series "The Invisibles", Kenneth Ma plays 'Ocean', the second-in-command of POTT, whose personality differs from his previous work, and his incarnation as a cool guy has made an impression. Even if Kenneth is the second choice to Ruco Chan, he does not mind at all if he can encounter a good role. In the series, he and Natalie Tong have a lot of ups and downs in their relationship, but he expressed that he never brings real experiences into acting. Even when his ex Jacqueline Wong's incident with Andy Hui broke out, he was also able to let go of the negative emotions and work. He and his fiancée, Roxanne Tong, will be getting married at the end of the year. He admitted that there is a bit of a change now...would bring happiness when going to work.

Did Not Expect the Role to Be So Cool

Kenneth said, "I didn't ask why, but every time I see him, I would ask him why he still hasn't looked for me to film. Perhaps [Man Wai Hung] is always working with Ruco. I also understand that producers have their own teams...have been using [them] and work well together, so will continue using [them]. It is rare to have the opportunity to collaborate this time. Although I also like playing doctors, in the end, men have an affinity for scenes with guns and bullets, and have some fantasy about gunfire scenes. Have never experienced shooting a gun in actual combat in a series. Played a cop in 'The Mysteries of Love' many years ago, but it was more romance. Feel very happy and fitting to experience it this time. Has really broadened [my] acting range...never thought that I could be such a cool cop".

Does Not Mind Being the Third Choice if There Is a Good Script

It is rumoured that he was the second choice to Ruco? Kenneth graciously admitted, "I was working in Mainland at the time. Don't know why the role needed to find another person to do it. [Man Wai Hung] came to me; I immediately stopped accepting work in Mainland and rushed back to Hong Kong to film. Originally, this role would be played by Ruco. The costumes all had his name written on them. I don't know the reason and also didn't ask. It's very normal for the company to do a cast change. In the past, some series were originally going to played by me but were eventually changed to others. I don't mind. Would understand after doing this for so many years. I have never minded being the second choice. If the script is good, also don't mind being the third choice". He pointed out that Ruco's cameo as a villain is a very important and special character. Believe that it is also very fresh for Ruco. The two previously acted in 'The Other Truth', and they have only had the opportunity to work together again after 12 years. Kenneth said that it still felt very exciting: "Can never predict how he'll act, and this time is no exception. It surprised me".

Acted as a Couple with Natalie Tong for the Fifth Time

Mentioning acting as a couple with Natalie for the fifth time, Kenneth said that there is already a tacit understanding, but the emotional scenes are different from the past; there are many conflicts and ups and downs.

Would he use his real love experience to help immerse himself in the series? Kenneth said, "Never! Usually just read the script, follow what is experienced in the script, and try to immerse myself into the character as much as possible. Some actors will use their own sadness to act; I don't like to do that. Would fully follow the feeling that is given by the script. If some scripts are written that I cry, but it does not move me, I would tell the director that I am not crying in this scene. The script is very important to me...would not forcibly think about a lot of things to make myself cry. Rather, hope that every teardrop of the character is able to touch viewers".

Letting Go of Negative Emotions and Working

Faced with a lot of negative emotions and pressure from public opinion during the 'Andy Hui and Jacqueline Wong Incident', how did he let go of the negative emotions and concentrate on work? Kenneth said, "I was able to! Can really let it go when working. Rarely bring unhappy things when going to act. Would think about it again after returning home from work. Would be very focused when filming series. I dare not say that it is professional. Perhaps it is [my] personality that allows [me] to do it. Personal matters rarely affect my work. If you ask me, I would put my family first; however, when working, would put work first. If there are any personal matters, would only talk about it after getting off work, unless it is a big event, such as a family member being admitted into the hospital".

It Is Okay Filming Happy Scenes Recently

He and his fiancée, Roxanne, are full of sweetness, and the marriage preparations are in full swing. Kenneth said, "Have been filming happy scenes recently...it's okay. Happily going to work. The character is happy, so it would be easy to express it...convey the happiness to viewers". Already not collaborating with Roxanne since "My Dearly Sinful Mind", Kenneth said that he absolutely does not mind collaborating again: "I am just scared that she would mind. She said before: how could she film series with me now? Because she is scared of not being able to hold in her laughter".

*Credits to mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment