Date: July 10, 2017
Temporary Chinese title: 《果欄中的江湖大嫂》
Pinyin title: Gwoh Laan Jung Dik Gong Woo Dai So
Temporary English title: "Apple-colada"
Producer: Leung Choi Yuen
Attending Cast: Alice Chan, Wong Kwong Leung, Raymond Wong, Eliza Sam, Mat Yeung, Crystal Fung, Jazz Lam, Lau Kong, Angelina Lo, Kaman Wong, Amy Fan, Suet Nei, Eric Li, Andrew Yuen, Hero Yuen, Jack Hui, Erin Wong, Carisa Yan, Quinn Ho, Michael Wai, Angel Chiang, Derek Wong, Lena Li, and Stephen Wong.
Place: Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate Chun Choi Street No. 77 TVB City Studio One Common Room
East Week Clip
- The 「江湖」 refers to the entire society, and the fruit market is merely a part of society. There is no triad meaning. The series is warm and realistic.
- Alice Chan will play Lee Mung Lo (李夢露), an artiste in the performing arts industry. She later marries a wealthy man who is a so-called triad boss, but they end up getting divorced. Later, she discovers that her elder brother, who has already passed away, has stocks in the fruit market, so she wants to make some money at the fruit market as quickly as possible to pay her debt. She is always laughing and is a 'silly big sister'. She and Wong Kwong Leung are a bickering pair; they do not have a romantic storyline.
- Wong Kwong Leung will play the boss of a fruit market.
- Raymond will play a 'fruit market prince' who helps his father manage his business. He is Wong Kwong Leung's adopted son. At first, he and Eliza Sam clash, but after experiencing some matters, they may slowly become a couple. He does not really have any dreams. After encountering Eliza, he even planned to spend their lives at Yau Ma Tei, but Eliza makes him realize that the outside world is very big, so Eliza slowly inspires him, teaching him to read books and English, and broadening his horizons. While Eliza learns how to becomes a crude person, as she goes from being a teacher to being in the fruit market, he learns to become a gentle person, slowly bringing the two closer together.
- Eliza will play a teacher of a closed school. Because she lost her job, she returns to the fruit market; however, her father's shop at the fruit market has been seized by Wong Kwong Leung, who worked for her father, so she and her aunt (i.e., her father's younger sister), Alice, decide to return to the fruit market to work, but Alice only wants to pay her debt. Upon knowing about her father's struggles at the fruit market, she wants to manage the shop that her father has left behind well, carrying on his unfulfilled wish. She has to move and carry things, and she frequently gets bullied by others. She is a rather mature person. She will say many written principles, so she has to memorize a lot of dialogue. She has a romantic storyline with Raymond.
- Mat Yeung's father, Lau Kong, is the president of the fruit market, but he himself has a fruit allergy, so he decides to take on outreach social work to help those who need help in the Yau Ma Tei area; because of this, he encounters Crystal Fung, and they develop a romance.
- Crystal will play the domineering boss of a Yau Ma Tei bar. She is a mean girl with a crude personality. She always has a poker face. She has an underworld background, but she has a great sense of justice. She does things her own way, but she is a person who does not like to say it out. She has a romantic storyline with Mat. Her nickname is 「小狼女」.
- Jazz Lam works for Wong Kwong Leung at the fruit market.
- Andrew Yuen will play a wealthy district councilor. He is gentle and ambitious, and is rather cheerful and passionate toward people and matters. He and Alice share a common dream, with hopes of modernizing the fruit market together. He and Alice seem to have an emotional connection.
- Erin Wong will play Kan Wing San (簡詠珊), Carisa Yan's daughter.
- Judy Kwong will play the younger version of Alice.
Personal Note: Leung Choi Yuen said that Moon Lau and Elaine Yiu, who were in the sales presentation clip, are no longer taking part due to a schedule conflict.
*Credits to 娛樂 007, 香港無線TVB8, stheadline, eastweek, gztv, and hk01