Sunday, August 16, 2026

"Mrs. Revenge" Promotional Event 4

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

"Scoop" Clip (081626)

TVB Plus Clip (081726)

TVBE Clip (081726)

TVBE Clip (081726)

ontv Clip

Ming Pao Clip

stheadline Clip

More Forms Clip

Kenneth Ma Explains the 'Level 10 Beauty Filter' Mystery, Kelly Fu Spent Two Full Days for the Fitting Process

Artistes Kenneth Ma and Kelly Fu attended a promotional event today for the TVB series "Mrs. Revenge". She revealed that this was only her first collaboration with Kenneth. Playing a big celebrity in the series, she had many pretty costumes. She laughingly said that the fitting process also took two full days, making her feel as though she had returned to her former career as a model.

Regarding netizens saying that Kenneth had a 'level 10 beauty filter' in the series, with excessive skin smoothing that looked unnatural, he said, "Because the series resembles a fairytale, and my character setup is also fairytale-like. Perhaps viewers are not used to it. I was not used to it at first either. Later thought that it was nothing special. Don't think that I became more handsome; for guys, there isn't much of a difference. (What was your wife Roxanne Tong's reaction?) She did not have much of a reaction. Perhaps she watches a lot of Korean and Mainland dramas. Mainland and Korean dramas are often very dreamy and would have filters". He emphasized that he did not request to add the filter: "I have no control over whether they are added or not. I could speak up but would not. I only found out after it got released; these are also decisions made by the producer". Apart from the filters, sharp-eyed netizens also discovered that Kenneth's appearance changed at times, leading to speculation about whether AI technology was used to touch up the scene or reshoots took place during post-production. Regarding this, Kenneth expressed that he was unaware of this...have to ask the producer about this. Kelly praised Kenneth's good condition after getting married. Kenneth jokingly attributed it having nourishing soups made by his wife. Netizens also noticed that, in the same scene, the Hong Kong and Mainland versions featured two different brands of chocolate. Kenneth explained, "It might be because they secured sponsorships in Hong Kong...also have to ask the producer about this. I know that they did some reshoots in post-production, but I didn't notice which parts were AI". In addition, talking about female lead Samantha Ko's absence from the promotion due to filming a Mainland drama, Kenneth admitted that he does not know when she would be returning to promotions: "I don't want to stop her from earning money in Mainland, but also want her to rejoin the team soon. Because this is a female-led series, it is a bit awkward with her not being here".

Talking About TVB's Use of AI Technology: The Most Important Thing Is Making Good Use of It

Talking about the recent buzz surrounding the use of AI-generated backgrounds in the sitcom "Like Mother, Like Daughter" earlier, Kenneth expressed an open-minded view: "I think that, moving forward, AI technology will be used. It's not just Hong Kong; productions all over the world will also be using it. Of course, have to see how to make good use of it. When any technology is initially used, some people might not be used to it or be proficient yet, but would get accustomed to it over time. It's like when there were no smartphones; suddenly had some afterward, and you had to figure them out for a while before becoming familiar with them. Every technology requires a period of exploration in order to use it more effectively".

Frankly Prefers Real Locations

Asked whether he would worry that AI might gradually replace human actors, reducing performance opportunities and threatening the livelihoods of behind-the-scenes crew members, Kenneth admitted, "As an actor, I certainly hope that there isn't too much (AI), so more people have work! However, I also don't know what percentage of AI is being used, as I have not sat down to watch every single episode, but this is the general trend, especially since some locations are very hard to rent in Hong Kong, such as hospitals and police stations, which definitely cannot be rented. However, when we shoot in Mainland, really can rent actual hospitals. Might have to use the assistance of AI in the future".

Regarding the comparisons made by netizens to the ViuTV series "Under the Rainbow" (which has Natalie Tong taking part), which was praised for using real locations to capture the spirit of Hong Kong, bemoaning that this was originally TVB's strength, Kenneth believes that it is dependent on the genre: "If the series is about space, then certainly need AI to do it; however, if the series takes place in a housing estate, really can go and film it in real life. I think that they are two different things. Real locations are definitely the prettiest; however, the future integration of AI is inevitable, especially locations that cannot be filmed in real life...definitely need AI to film it".

Hosting the Miss Hong Kong Final for the First Time? Kenneth Ma Responds: Waiting for the Company's Announcement

In addition, talking about a report that Kenneth will be hosting this year's Miss Hong Kong final for the first time, alongside Edwin Siu and Raymond Cho, Kenneth frankly said that he does not know yet: "It has been rumoured, but I also actually don't know yet myself. (Do you want to give it a try?) I'm not particularly keen because I don't know how to be a host. Let's wait for the company to announce it first. I have also only heard about it! (If doing it, do you need your wife's approval?) No need; it's just work. Waiting for the company to announce everything!"

Responds to Wife Appearing Pregnant

As for his wife, Roxanne, being rumoured to be pregnant for the umpteenth time due to her figure and appearance while attending the wedding of Mat Yeung and Lisa Ch'ng earlier, Kenneth casually laughed it off: "Actually, there are always rumours that she's expecting, so this isn't really news. (Because some netizens discovered that, apart from her stomach, your wife's hair also has not been dyed, so they are guessing that she is pregnant.) She just hasn't had the time to dye it lately, and also does not have to work very often recently, so has not bothered with it. (Not in a rush to have a baby?) Leaving it to fate. I have always left it to fate".

*Credits to on.cc, mingpao, stheadline, moreforms, and hk01

No comments:

Post a Comment