Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Always Offending People! Bobby Au Yeung Reveals That He Left TVB in the Past for Money

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

More Forms Clip

More Forms Clip

More Forms Clip

GZTV Clip

Artiste Bobby Au Yeung went to a radio station to accept an interview where he talked about the past. When he talked about the time he played small roles, he once received a phone call saying that he would be playing a patron of a brothel. The other party even expressed frivolously, "Have a girl to hug and also don't have many lines". He was very angry and even immediately hung up on the other party: "Some things that have crossed the line cannot be taken in silence. It may have caused me to offend a lot of people. (Okay as long as you have not offended TVB?) Sometimes may have offended people and did not know. Sometimes I'm joking, but people think that I'm telling the truth".

He also said that, before filming "The File of Justice", he idled aimlessly for ten years, and even thought about a career change at the time: "Very difficult to become a first tier. The salary at TVB is only a few thousand dollars a month. Have seen on the street that being in sales even has more than ten thousand, so [I] did think about a career change, but later, there was this opportunity". However, he revealed that after filming "File II", he actually left TVB: "The company had no thoughts of renewing my contract. Did not even discuss it. At the time, was thinking of changing to a per series [contract] because I wanted to ensure my screentime; however, after talking with the other party, [they] did not give me a response. However, it was an eye-opener when I ventured out at that time. The money that I made that year was almost the ten years of money in TVB". However, he expressed that he returned to TVB when "File III" started filming: "[They] looked for me to discuss it, so [I] changed to a per series [contract] and have been [a per series contract] to this day".

Speaking of his recent return to TVB to guest-star in "Lo and Behold", he expressed that he filmed for a day. There is still another day that has not been filmed yet: "That day, it was hot and [had to film] overnight. There was location and on site [filming], and all four walls were surrounded with lighting, but it was fine with me. Very happy. Upon returning, there was already someone giving me a fan and a chair; the service was quite good".

[052119] Bobby Au Yeung @ 《口水多過浪花》


*Credits to on.cc, wheniwasyoungilistentotheradio, and 置酒而卧

No comments:

Post a Comment