Thursday, March 16, 2023

Roxanne Tong Taking Charge of the Finances and Rushing to Have a Baby After Marriage, Kenneth Ma 'Only Getting Pocket Money Every Month'

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Ming Pao Weekly Clip

Ming Pao Weekly Clip

Ming Pao Weekly Clip

Although Kenneth Ma and Roxanne Tong's wedding date has not been set, they have a detailed plan for married life. Kenneth said that the two already have a consensus: Roxanne has to start taking care of her body and prepare to rush to have children. "I believe that every man plans to take care of his wife after marriage. Even when having children in the future, the man needs to support the family. I believe that Roxanne probably does not have time to work. The most important thing is that I also don't want to her to work too hard in filming series, unless she does not mind. Of course, shooting ads in her spare time is welcome. Can simply shoot for a day, and there's no need to stay up all night, as it is not appropriate for females to work too hard. We also have plans to have children, so she needs to take care of her body and not work too hard. Luckily, she also does not want to work too hard...would rather take care of her body".

Quickly having a baby as soon as they get married, and not living a life of two people at all, it is because they are already living together and are having a trial married life. Have already adjusted their lifestyles, and also understand that the husband and wife must make accommodations. "It's really not difficult to live together. Of course, there would be arguments, but after one or two times, would be able to adapt and start to know each other's bottom line, which makes the two parties get along better and better. Of course, I would sometimes make her mad, and I don't even know it. Usually, it's just a simple matter, like when she is talking to me, but I'm just playing on my phone. Then she would get mad. Of course, she would not lose her temper...just shows that she's unhappy, but it is very easy to cajole her, which is also a merit of hers. Just have to buy some food that she likes to cajole her, and it's fine. Would not be too compicated, and sometimes just have to say 'sorry', and do some more actions to cajole her. However, we would discuss it afterward...those actions would make her angry. These lifestyle details need to be mutually adjusted. Actually, [you] will only know when living together. Everyone has small habits. It's impossible to have the other party change everything. If you have to change the other person, and it makes it very tough for that person, it's better to keep the lifestyle that you want and your habits as much as possible, and then accommodate each other. Then the relationship would be better and would last longer".

Kenneth has even asked Moses Chan, a good man in the industry, for advice on how to support your wife and children after marriage. Thus, he will let Roxanne take charge of the finances. "Should to a certain extent. The man is responsible for making money. A family's expenses are very big, so the woman will be in charge of it. If [we] have children in the future, will plan to have a joint account to see how the family expenses and the children's book fees are allocated. Will think in this direction for the financial aspect. She has a rather absentminded personality, but it's just that she is clumsy when walking. Would not get cheated out of her money, so I don't have to worry. I have also decided that I should only be getting pocket money every month in the future. I also previously asked Moses for advice, and he also only gets pocket money every month. I believe that most men in Hong Kong are like this because the cost of taking care of a family is really high. Men can only work hard to make money".

Kenneth has just started filming "The QUEEN of News" in March, but the TVB series "The Invisibles", in which he participated in, premiered last week. The cross-platform live broadcast ratings peaked at 23.4 points; the results are not bad. He, who played a cool detective for the first time, was praised by Producer Man Wai Hung, saying that he is a cool guy who has been wasted by his natural blankness. "When the producer asked me to take part, I didn't ask the reason. At the time, I was in Mainland for work. He expressed really wanting to show a side of Kenneth Ma that the audience has not seen yet. It turned out that he saw my cool side...felt that, apart from playing a doctor, can also play other roles, so [he] asked me to take part. This was also very attractive to me because actors are very passive. When you're used to acting in the same genre, it's rather difficult to play other roles. It's rare to have a new attempt this time; of course, I welcomed it. Hope to be able to give viewers a fresh feeling. In fact, it was only when I finished filming that I realized that I was really cool. I didn't think so when I was filming. Was also worried about acting as a cop before because they were all played by Ron Ng back then! Of course, the producer gave me a lot of confidence. Kept telling me to believe in him...was confident in presenting a different Kenneth Ma to the audience.

After the series aired, apart from friends who have not been in contact for many years sending text messages to praise him, his fiancée, Roxanne, has also been chasing the series with him every night...very sweet. "She has been in the mood to sit down and watch me play a cop this time. Thinks that the gunfight scenes are very exciting. Perhaps she would also think that the characters that I previously played were cool, but it's rare to see me play a manly and cool character, so she also said that it was rare to see her husband look so cool because I usually dress very casually at home. Sweatpants and a T-shirt...not stylish. Watching TV can satify her now. (She already calls you 'husband'?) Sometimes I also call her 'wife' at home". Unexpectedly, the naturally blank Kenneth would also publicly display affection from far away...has really changed!

Kenneth Ma Reveals That the Proposal Was Full of Blunders, Roxanne Tong Finding a Master to Choose a Good Wedding Date

Kenneth and Roxanne shared a picture of their love plushies, a pony and a unicorn, on their social media at the same time on New Year's Day, and even put a big diamond ring on the unicorn's head. Kenneth wrote 'forever' and had emojis of a diamond ring and a heart. Three months later, asking Kenneth when the wedding will be held, he said that everything has already been handed over to Roxanne to decide. "I have been very busy with work recently. Have to promote the series, and then start a new series. Also have to look at the script, hold a meeting, and do a script reading with the actors. There's a lot of preparation work to do, so I'm letting her handle the matters of the wedding. If there are ten choices, she would first choose two or three that are not bad, and then discuss with me before making a decision, but I actually don't really have any requirements. I have been filming series for so many years, and have gotten married many times. Don't have a really great longing for a wedding. I just want to give her a wedding that she is satified with and likes because I believe that the girl will have a greater longing for the wedding, so many details have been left to her to decide. However, for the time being, the date has also not been set yet. Also have to wait until I finish filming "QUEEN", and she has to find a master to choose a good date, and then slowly make a choice. The girl thinks that choosing a good date is more auspicious. On the contrary, it doesn't really matter to me; it's okay as long as it's not extremely bad luck".

Talking about planning the proposal scene, Kenneth said that it was simply full of blunders, and it has become an unforgettable memory for the two: "The process of the marriage proposal was not particularly romantic. There was no group of friends to witness it. It was simply done with two people at home because our personalities are very simple. It doesn't need to be very fancy, and already feel that it's very romantic; this is where we match. At the time, I was very nervous. Although I had already planned it early on, it turned out that, when actually executing it, there can be a lot of blunders. At that moment, she was not mentally prepared at all, but in the process of my blunders, she started to slowly become aware of it, so she was also very moved and happy. These blundering scenes...when we think about it afterward, also find it very cute...romantic but quite funny. It's considered a happy thing, but the details of the course of events are a secret. Leave it to us to recollect it...don't want to reveal too much".

The marriage proposal was successful; of course, Kenneth immediately notified his parents of the good news of him getting married. "Dad and Mom were, of course, very happy when they found out that I was going to get married. All these years, they have also never asked me about my relationship matters. It's up to me to decide and develop it, so they don't have any special requirements for the wedding...letting us handle it ourselves".

Kenneth knows that his personality is 'boring'. Having to find a 'boring' partner is rare and valuable. Very lucky that he is able to find a soulmate. "It's very difficult to meet a simple partner. My personality is rather boring, but some people love liveliness...may not match. Need to look, date, and get along with one another before knowing. It's rare that Roxanne is also rather gentle and quiet. She doesn't really like liveliness...would just occasionally make dinner appointments with her friends, but she can find fun in her boringness. Watching TV at home, and can even play with the cats for the entire day...really very simple". Because of Roxanne, he has become energetic. "To a certain extent, it's also because of her. In the past, I seldom and didn't even like to go out...afraid of crowded places, heat, and noise. Because of her, I go out more. I am not closed off, but she has made me have more energy...more energy to go around everywhere. I would accompany her to go out to have dinner with friends, and she would accompany me to have dinner with my group of friends from 'A Fistful of Stances'. In the past, I definitely would not go out to watch a movie, but after we dated, would go to the theatre to watch movies together".

*Credits to mpweekly

No comments:

Post a Comment