Thursday, May 13, 2021

Hubert Wu Is Actually a Brawny Guy, Erica Chan Has to Push Hard

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

ontv Clip

Artiste Hubert Wu and TVB's promoted newcomer Erica Chan were doing location filming in an old building in Quarry Bay today for the new series "Falling in Love with My Bad Luck". The plot was about Hubert, who plays a takeout delivery person, encountering a kid while delivering takeout, and even getting pranked by Erica along the way, getting pushed hard by her. Afterward, he pointed out that she probably goes to the gym usually...full of power. [He] laughingly said that he has to see a bonesetter after work.

When interviewed, Erica, who is still a newcomer, expressed that they have been working for more than ten days. It has been a rather happy process; the entire series crew is working together delightfully, and has even gotten reminders from seniors Hubert, Mayanne Mak, Mark Ma, et al. When asked whether Hubert has played a trick on her, she haughtily said, "They have not! I was the one who pranked him actually. The plot talks about us being people from different dimensions; sometimes he cannot see me, so there are many scenes where I trick him. There was a scene where I had to splash milk tea on him; afterward, [I] kept apologizing to him. Before, also had to push him hard. I also didn't mean to push him too hard. Afterward, the director told me to do it harder because Hubert is very brawny and strong! (Well, did you have a lot of NGs?) There were some because I am also learning".

Erica also pointed out that, in the series, she is the most blissful. The weather is hot now. Hubert has to often film in thick takeout delivery clothes, while Mark has to wear wool sweaters to match his character, and his hair also has to be brushed with a white colour...quite a bit of trouble. She revealed that her character in the series is a tragic one. There are also a lot of heavy crying scenes: "I was very nervous at the beginning, but after discussing with the director and the producer, they told me to relax as much as possible. (How do you invest yourself emotionally?) Listen to songs! (Hubert sang impromptu for you?) When he is beside you, it's like opening a free concert, and there seems to be a human CD player following me!"

When Hubert was asked whether he had given Erica a bit of advice, he immediately humbly said, "Wah! How can I do it?! I can't even handle myself. Finished 'Return of the Cuckoo' for not long, and then started filming. Had to promote a song in the middle, so there was not much time to rest. Old now...cannot recover. Also have to make a new song in the near future. I will try finding a balance. I am also greedy...want to strike a balance between singing and acting".

Hubert also filmed a scene where he carried veteran Helena Law on his back up the stairs, frankly saying that there was pressure: "I am not scared of not be being able to carry her, but really need to be more careful when carrying an elderly person. Hope to be able to give Helena a sense of security later!"

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment