Sunday, May 2, 2021

Comments on Female Partners and Praises Jessica Hsuan as Being Great, Bobby Au Yeung Helpless About Having No Opportunity to Play an Antagonist

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

ontv Clip

'TV King' Bobby Au Yeung, who has been in the television industry for many years, has filmed another TVB series, "Shadow of Justice", after four years, performing his unique humour. He plays a Chief Inspector of Police of the Accident Investigation team, laughingly saying that shooting in a white shirt was the hardest to adapt to: "You know my body figure. Nothing can be hidden behind a white shirt, so I hold a file to cover myself no matter what. After filming started, I quickly slimmed down so that it would not be such a mistreatment to the viewers' eyes; the buttons on the shirts would also be smoother". He revealed that he had suggested to the producer that he and Joe Ma swap roles so that he would be playing a lawyer who is both good and evil, and said that he has never been an antagonist since he became a lead. He said helplessly, "Perhaps my face is too kind. No one dares to let me try. The antagonist in my heart is not one who suddenly grabs a knife and randomly stabs people, nor is he always showing a detestable face. Rather, it is a character with a story, and these are hard to come by".

The response to the new series is not bad. He, who has always been called a 'Ratings Lucky Star', readily accepts this good reputation: "Well, this is a fact. Thanks to everyone for giving me this name; it's better than praising me for being handsome. At TVB, I am called the 'Sequel King'". Faced with the emergence of newcomers, he was asked whether he would be worried about the difficulty in attracting the new generation of viewers. He was open-minded and expressed, "Leaving it to fate. They also don't even know the 'Four Heavenly Kings', and I have not retired, so I can still continue filming. The viewers have discerning eyes. A ten-plus-year-old also knows how to watch acting; if he or she thinks that this person's acting is good to watch, then he or she will naturally watch it".

When talking about the female partners he has worked with, he used 'guardian' to describe his new series partner, Joey Meng: "Only she can handle me because I kick up a fuss easily; she would call me 'master' and would coax me". He also called out and praised Jessica: "She does anything that I tell her to. She is really great. She knows that I do it for the effect. Able to let me hold water in my mouth to spray her...the first time was 'A Recipe for the Heart', and the second time was 'Dicey Business'. As for Esther Kwan, he said that they are a dream team: "Her husband, Nick Cheung, said to me, 'At the beginning of our marriage, a lot of people thought that you were actually her husband!"

Although Bobby has worked with countless actresses, he has been scandal-free for many years. Asked if it was due to not filming many intimate scenes, he frankly said that he has always hated filming intimate scenes, but there is no shortage of kiss scenes: "Having a kiss scene with Amy Chan, I was more scared than she was. She is a vegetarian; I was afraid that she would throw up from feeling my meat odour. When I filmed a kiss scene with Esther, she talked while filming; she said that it would be natural if the lips are moving! Filming with Ada Choi, the script said to embrace and kiss. I said that it is really ugly filming an embrace and kiss with my profile...flat mouth and flat face. At most, kissing your forehead and cheek".

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment