Sunday, April 25, 2021

Called on to Lead Mockumentary Beauty Pageant Series! Crystal Fung Vows to Make Up for Regret

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

ontv Clip

Eric Tsang and longtime friend Chan Kiu Ying, the Executive Producer of the series "AI Romantic" have come up with a series with a beauty pageant theme. The novel part is that the live situation of the pageant will be added in like a reality show, making the series even more three-dimensional and realistic. This format has been quite popular in recent years, and is called a mockumentary.

This series starts filming in June, and Miss Hong Kong will start recruitment in May; the timing is extremely coordinated. Not only will live footage of the Miss Hong competition be added into the series, the actors will also film interspersedly during the recruitment, interviews, and promotional activities. The producer is fixed on having artists from beauty pageants lead to make it more realistic, and called on Miss Hong Kong 2016 winner Crystal Fung and Miss Hong Kong 2012 contestant Jessica Kan take part, letting them go through a beauty pageant again. This year's interviewees and even contestants can appear on camera at any minute.

Eric was asked about the new series when he was interviewed [today]. He said that there is indeed this idea, and said, "I will certainly do my best to coordinate with Chan Kiu Ying's project. As for Crystal, she highly praised the subject matter as being fresh and captivating: "If I really have a part in it, I would certainly be looking forward to it! (Was there anything that you did not do in the beauty pageant back then that you would want to do in the series?) If everyone had paid attention, I didn't really show my teeth while smiling during the entire beauty pageant because, back then, I did not get braces yet. A toothy smile did not look good. I know that one must smile brightly while taking part in a beauty pageant, but [I] was not confident back then. Also only slightly smiled the moment [I] wore the crown. If there is this scene of wearing the crown in the series, I will definitely show my teeth while smiling to make up for the regret from back then. I was also just done with braces recently!"

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment