Friday, May 29, 2020

Christine Ng Joins "Barrack O'Karma 2"

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

TVB's divine series "Barrack O'Karma" had good feedback and ratings, and will be filming a second installment in August. This time, the leads will be Joel Chan, Selena Lee, and the cat 'Pretty Po'. The second installment will have ten cases; each story will revolve around personal social issues. The story will continue to take place at the Twilight Mansion.

In the first installment, Joel and Selena both played two characters. Producer Yip Chan Fai expressed, "They have a great challenge this time...not only simply playing two characters".

The story of "Barrack 2" is completely new. Previously, Candice Chiu won 'Best Supporting Actress' for playing 'Wong Man Yi', who went mad because she missed her son, in this series. As for 'Lam Gor Jai' Bob Cheung, 'Plastic Container' Jazz Lam, 'Master Kai' Geoffrey Wong, and other main characters in the series, they will continue to film.

In the latest news, Joel's 'elder sister', Christine Ng, will also join the shoot, playing a character with a neurotic personality in one of the cases. Joel frankly said in an interview that, after collaborating with Christine in "Twin of Brothers" in 2004, they have not had the chance to collaborate again: "Certainly happy that elder sister has returned (to TVB) to film series! Many things are being devised for the time being, but this time, it seems that the producer is shooting it himself, so also very confident. In addition, Selena and I are performing in a love story form, but are no longer 'Ah Siu' and 'Alex'".

Speaking of the producer revealing that there will be more than two characters this time, will there be a lot of pressure? Joel explained, "To tell you the truth, it has not come near yet now, so I also do not know. I have to finish filming 'Super Emissary' first. Hope that there will be half a month of time for me to slowly digest the character".

Christine frankly said in an interview that she has not filmed a TVB series since 2013's "Will Power". Previously, she also watched "Barrack", so she is very happy to have the opportunity to take part in the shoot. She said, "I have not collaborated with younger brother Joel in 16 years. We can finally have some fun. See what sparks there will be. Indeed happy to collaborate with your family. Sixteen years ago, we were of a different texture; now, we have matured".

Speaking of this character being a bit neurotic and being very difficult, she said, "So I greatly look forward to it, especially since I really like to act. My character is a person with a lot of ideas. My case is not supernatural, but have to be in harmony with [my] partner! (The character resembles you?) Don't say that it resembles me. I usually play crazily, but [I] am very serious when acting. The character is actually a tragic character; there are many of this kind of people in society. I am now doing [my] homework. Greatly looking forward to it. I will not bring younger brother's name and reputation into disrepute".

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment