Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Kenneth Ma's Exclusive Pre-Wedding Interview with East Week

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

East Week Clip

Having been in the industry for many years, [Kenneth Ma] has actually played a doctor 15 times, from ancient times to modern times, and has also been involved in different departments. He is worthy of the title of 'TVB's Go-To Doctor'. He laughingly said, "Actually, "I already tried many new things in my early years. For example, I played a tragic hero in 'A Fistful of Stances'. 'Legal Executive Kam' in 'Speakers of Law' was also a role I had never played before. Even in 'The QUEEN of News' that I had just finished filming, there is also a lot to execute, so I am quite happy recently because the producer gave me a role that I had never played before, so viewers can see another side of me".

Winning 'TV King' Again

Earlier, Kenneth acted in "Big White Duel II", "The Invisibles", and "Speakers", which had good ratings and feedback, so he is regarded as a 'lucky star'. He frankly said that he was only afraid that viewers would get tired of watching [him] and humbly said, "Cannot be said to be a lucky star. It was good luck. Certainly happy that viewers still like to watch my series! Frankly speaking, the mode in which Hong Kong people watch series has changed. Would only go online to watch it if there is free time, so I was pleasantly surprised by this result!" Mentioning whether he was confident in winning 'TV king' again, he immediately became Zen: "It doesn't really matter to me. Rather, I hope that Jazz Lam can get an award this year. Have worked with him since 'Fistful'...think that he has really made great progress".

Kenneth has been nicknamed a 'Down-to-Earth God' due to his straightforwardness and crudeness. In fact, he would never hide his true temperament and often speaks the truth. As for the works of Hong Kong-born Japanese AV actress Erena So, has Kenneth ever watched them? He blushed and said while shaking his hands, "No...no! I am filming a series now...can only sleep for three or four hours every day. Don't even have time to deal with the wedding. Would not be watching it! I also have a wife now...don't need to watch it!" Kenneth has always eaten an 'honest red bean bun'.

Wedding Destination

Whenever [he] mentions his fiancée, Roxanne Tong, Kenneth always has praises and no criticisms and smiles sweetly. The wedding is just around the corner. He showed gratitude in his eyes: "Luckily, [I] have Roxanne. I really don't have time to deal with it, so I have been following her direction! Actually, I have filmed too many wedding scenes in series, so there is not too much of a feeling. I think that the most important thing about the wedding is that your other half likes it. Now, it has been tentatively set that we will be having a small-scale wedding abroad, and will tentatively be set in Southeast Asia...somewhere nearby. Because my father is of an advanced age, cannot take long-distance flights...three to fours hours is already the limit". Kenneth has a lot of friends; he expressed that he is afraid of leaving out friends in the invitation the most, hoping that everyone has no hard feelings.

After finishing the filming of the new series "QUEEN", Kenneth originally wanted to concentrate on dealing with the wedding matters with Roxanne, but [he] has been urgently called on by the company to film the new series "The Airport Diary". Thus, after [their] pre-honeymoon and shooting wedding pictures in France, [he] immediately returned to Hong Kong to work.

A Full Public Display of Affection

Apart from shopping, the two also travelled to various parts of France to enjoy delicious food, visit historical sites, take romantic walks on the beach, etc. Roxanne even revealed that this was their first Europe trip together and thanked Kenneth for driving every day and taking her around to enjoy delicious food. She said sweetly, "Feeling so spoiled!" For this trip, it can be said that there was a full public display of affection from the two!

Kenneth, who feels that he is extremely boring, admitted that, to have met a woman who can match his lifestyle and rhythm, what more could he ask for? He said happily, "I am very boring...don't know how to come up with topics, but Roxanne can stay by my side quietly. She would know how to come up with topics. She is a very fun person, is a homebody, and likes to cook. We match very well. Those things that I find a hassle, she is not afraid of it being a hassle and would completely do them for me, which saves me a lot of trouble. Plus, she is a person who is easily cajoled and is a simple person. Also, she knows that I like to act and have high requirements for my performances, so she would do her best to not trouble me with many things. Where can [I] find a woman who is so compatible with me?

Kenneth could not help but reveal some of [their] secrets in private: "She acts rather cutely in private and is quite clingy. I have raised three cats. She is clingy like a cat. Actually, not all guys like it, but I like it. However, she is not clingy to the point that she does not let me go play soccer". As for having a baby, he wants to let nature take its course: "Don't rule out having children. As for how they will be raised, will know when they are born! However, I think that I am a strict father, especially strict with sons. Perhaps it is my father's influence on me". Kenneth sincerely said that these few years have been his happiest days...met good scripts and met a good woman, and is also getting married and building a family, having a career and love!

*Credits to eastweek

No comments:

Post a Comment