Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Producing a Programme to Discuss Education and Stress, Flora Chan Shares Worries with Parents

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Hong Kong Open TV Clip

Flora Chan and her husband, Mike Chung, recently produced the programme "After School", which is expected to broadcast on Hong Kong Open TV in the middle of next year. Today, they held a press conference in Central with General Manager of External Affairs Rebecca Tam, Executive Producer of Programme Planning Lau Pui Ching, and Consultant of External Affairs Tsang Sing Ming.

Flora revealed that the programme has 16 episodes, and will be interviewing 15 artistes from the '50s to the '90s, including Jessica Hsuan, Francis Ng, Myolie Wu, Charlie Young, Yim Ho, et al.: "The first one I looked for was Jessica. She is my good friend. I know that she would definitely support me. She studied in England; she will influence this group of people. Then I looked for Francis. He went from the Acting Class to becoming a father; everyone can see his transformation. He can also influence the people from his generation. At the time, he was filming 'Men on the Dragon'. He immediately came to look for me. The third one was Myolie, who was pregnant at the time. Thus, the process was quite long".

Flora said that there were two transitions in the decision to do this project this time: "Became a mother eleven years ago. I was quite advanced when I gave birth to my daughter. I feel that some things are better if I don't do them to the fullest. I did not know how to teach my daughter. When my daughter was five years old, was already doing homework with an iPad. I also did not know how to use it at the time; she was even better than I was. Oh no! I'm going to be out of touch with society, so I pursued further studies and studied for a master's degree. The second transition...many professors, parents, and students trust me a lot, and would talk to me a lot about the matters of the heart and share about them having a lot of stress. Everyone knows that every time I talk about it, I can't hold back. For the past ten years, they would jump off a building if they have a lot of stress; thus, I really want to gain a deeper understanding of what education and everyone's stress are. Also, life is not only about one's self and only being happy for the sake of others". She also said that her husband and her parents have always been very supportive of her.

*Credits to appledaily

No comments:

Post a Comment