Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sisley Choi Pricks Herself, Studies Medicine to Charge for 'TV Queen' Again

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

TVBE Clip (051522)

TVBE Clip (051622)

ontv Clip

[Sisley Choi] will play a Chinese medicine practitioner in the new series "Let Me Take Your Pulse", which starts filming in June. Because the subject matter is very technical, TVB is also very serious in prepearing its research, recently arranging for the group of practitioners, Sisley, Matthew Ho, Kayan Yau, Erica Chan, et al., to experience acupuncture in person for the first time. After being guided by experienced Chinese medicine practitioners, they applied needles one by one, and then pricked acupunture points themselves, breaking through their psychological barriers.

Finds Excuses to Learn New Skills

Among the many actors, Sisley was praised by the practitioners for having potential, and even completed the needle pricking process in a quick 11 seconds. In an interview with on.cc [today], she said, "We all tried acupuncture. While trying it, I suggested that we perform acupuncture on ourselves! (Not scared? There's a dangerous nature to it though!) With regards to acupuncture, I am rather calm. I even suggested trying a sensitive area, which was the acupunture point for the spleen and stomach above the legs. Also have to always experience it yourself in order to be able play an experienced Chinese medicine practitioner". She previously played a character who specializes in part-time jobs in "Forensic Heroes V", learning to play the drums for the role, and even fulfilling her wish. She frankly said, "I already really wanted to learn to play the drums when I was young...always had a soft spot for it. Usually, when filming series, would not learn it for no reason. It's very extravagant. Now, there's a series giving me an excuse for me to learn it. The heavens seem to have heard my wish". She did not hesitate to say that her next wish is to be a dancer: "Actually, I really like to dance. Learned ballet when I was young. Really want to street dance or do K-pop dances. If there is a role to play, and I am able to learn another new thing due to a role, I think that it would be the most incredible. It is like experiencing it with the character".

Matthew Ho Looking for a Guinea Pig

As for Matthew, he also highly praised Sisley for performing well and being bold enough. He said, "After performing acupuncture on the teacher, she said that we could prick ourselves under safe conditions. After Sisley pricked her arm, she also pricked her leg. Actually, I have been scared of acupuncture since I was young. Have not been able to break through this barrier for the time being. I am only pricking others for now...not brave enough to prick myself yet". However, he pointed out that his mom is a nurse, and she also taught herself acupuncture previously, so [he] can ask [his] mom for advice in the future: "Have to go observe for a few more classes later, or try pricking Mom. (You're scared of injections?) I am not scared of injections, but scared of getting blood drawn because, when [I] was young, [I] was very weak after getting [my] blood drawn, so [I] had to eat some glucose immediately and sit down to rest. It has been a haunting experience since then; however, when filming 'Life on the Line' before, also got blood drawn successfully for a promotion".

Kayan Yau Being a Bone Setting Master

Kayan, Erica, and Ricco Ng are playing Chinese medicine interns in the series, learning from Sisley. Erica said that her character's personality is rather arrogant and confident, and pointed out that [she] previously learned acupuncture, which [she] found very interesting: "Really want to learn more about Chinese medicine...can treat myself. Did ask the practitioner about the acupuncture points that are good for the body. We did apply needles on site and also pricked ourselves. Of course, there were practitioners providing guidance nearby! Kayan is playing a practioner who is highly skilled in bone setting. I told her to learn it and then help set me thinner one day. As for Kayan, she revealed that her look is of a super Japanese style...has to have double braids and act cute, and said, "If really teaching me bone setting, then [I] would really be happy! Greatly looking forward to it". She expressed that she usually sees a Chinese medicine practitioner to take care of her health; thus, having an opportunity to play an intern this time, [she] finds it interesting.

In addition, Ricco admitted that he does not know much in terms of Chinese medicine, so [he] has to spend more time learning about it: "The producer did arrange for us to attend some Chinese medicine classes. Hope it comes out looking the way it should look. I still don't know what has to be learned, but at least there'll be a greater understanding of it first".

*Credits to on.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment