Monday, June 11, 2018

The Most Familiar with Raymond Lam, Ron Ng Has the Idea of Gathering for a Performance

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

Ming Pao Weekly Clip

Ming Pao Weekly Clip

Three years ago, Ron Ng did not renew his contract with TVB. The Shaw Brothers production "Flying Tiger" was first released on a mobile platform, and then returned to free TV broadcast. With the addition of Bosco Wong, who is already not signed with TVB, it suddenly made people miss 'S4' and the 'Olympic Six Guys' from back then. Ron has talked with Virginia Lok about whether they could do some reminiscing performances. "It's too difficult to shoot a movie. Can do a variety programme or shoot an ad".

Raymond Lam Took the Initiative to Make a Meal Appointment

In "Flying", Ron and Bosco are brothers who share the same father but different mothers. At the TV station, the two went from being young guys to mature men. Viewers can say that they watched them grow up. Back then, Ron and Bosco both belonged to "Triumph in the Skies"' rookie pilots, playing together when doing location filming in Australia. "Went out for drinks and played pool with Francis Ng...considered to have met each other in our youth".

Ron, Raymond Lam, Kenneth Ma, Sammul Chan, Lai Lok Yi, and Bosco were called the 'Olympic Six Guys' by TVB. Later, they had their own developments, but some still meet up.

"The one [I] see the most is Raymond. Having a meal or chatting at home, usually it is a big group of people, which includes Joel Chan. Would meet up often. Back then, when I was in the Dancing Class, Raymond was in the Acting Class. The two classes were held together. We did greet each other. He didn't talk much at the time...sat on the side like a pampered young guy. Later, I switched from being a dancer to an artiste. He had just finished filming "A Step into the Past"...suddenly called me and asked me to come out for dinner. Most of the things we talk about are trivial things. Back in that era, talked about playing video games, buying clothes, and trending topics...started getting familiar with each other until now".

The Idea of Gathering the Five Guys for a Performance

As for Kenneth, he has been doing well at TVB in the past two years; Ron is also familiar with him. "The last time I ran into him outside of TVB was visiting Linda Chung's daughter together. It was already a long time ago". As for Lai Lok Yi, because they didn't work on many series together, relatively speaking, they are not considered to be familiar with one another.

Ron has always had the idea of gathering the 'five guys' for a performance. "The chances are very hard...basically impossible. Talking about shooting a movie. I was wondering if we could create a scene where these five people come out to gather together, but it is very difficult for us to get together. I have talked about it with Miss Lok, but it is very difficult. Everyone is busy with his own thing, and some are not in Hong Kong".

Thanks Louis Koo for His Guidance, Ron Ng Was a Backup Dancer for "On Trend"

Recently, Louis Koo's 《今期流行》 has gotten a resurgence in popularity. Everyone was vying to see Louis' dancing. This is a song from the year 2000. Back then, Ron was still a TVB dancer and was a backup dancer for Louis.

"That's when he told me to switch to filming series, and that was the song". Ron also did the 'deity worship' action. "Our choreograher choreographed it for us. I really don't understand...what's so funny? The choreographer choreographed it attentively. I performed it at a show in studio one; however, because the makeup was quite unique, the lighting was dark, and there were ten-plus dancers, everyone won't recognize me. I didn't shoot the MV though".

He said that he has little contact with Louis, and wanted to say through this interview, "Congratulations on winning 'Best Actor'. Thanks to him for guiding me".

The Life of Rushing to Film Was Inhumane

Recalling the days of rushing series at TVB, Ron said bluntly that it was inhumane. "When signing the contract, said that 'there was no time to sleep'. Did not sleep up to seven days. Had a body but no soul at all. Remember shooting 'Find the Light' opposite Damian Lau. At the time, it was already the sixth day of no sleep. It was four o'clock in the morning. The two pages of dialogue were all said by me. On the first take, I already NG-ed on the third sentence because my mind already went blank. On the second take, I already NG-ed on the second sentence. On the third take, I already NG-ed on the first sentence. I said that I couldn't take it; my mind already couldn't think of anything. The director could only say that we would shoot again tomorrow. Actually went home at four o'clock, and had to work again two hours later. Could only sleep for a while".

Mother Worried About Him Having No Work

Three years ago, he did not renew his contract with TVB. It was not because it was too much hard work, but because of hoping to try a new environment. He said that his mom was also worried for him at first. What to do if there is no money for household expenses? "She asked me, 'Are you scared?' Actually, I rarely tell my mom what kind of work I have. When she saw me at home in the afternoon, felt that I rarely go to work. I said, 'I am going to work at night. You just didn't know'. Sometimes I went to shoot 'Shock Wave', and shot until morning before going home. She thought that I finished partying. I said, 'No. Went to work'. I told her not to worry".

Fortunately, in the past three years of venturing out of TVB, apart from filming Andy Lau's "Shock", he has also signed onto a movie company, and will soon be shooting a small lighthearted romantic comedy production, playing a pair with Niki Chow, and will then film "Flying Tiger 2".

Urged to Have Offspring to Continue the Family Tree

Another thing that Mother Ng worries about is when Ron will be giving her grandchildren.

"I said, 'Wait a bit'. She has asked me when I'll be having a son but didn't ask me when I'm getting married. She asked, "When are you bringing back a son? You know that you are the only male in the Ng family in Hong Kong. The matter of producing male offspring to continue the family line...you understand'. I said that I don't even have a girlfriend; how can I have a son? She said, 'I don't care which girlfriend it is. I don't mind who the daughter-in-law is. In short, I need offspring to continue the family tree".

*Credits to mingpaoweekly

No comments:

Post a Comment